Fibromyalgia is a disease which causes pain in the muscles, joints and other soft tissues of the body. However, research indicates that certain Yoga postures help to minimize pain. So let’s get to know yoga for fibromyalgia.
Yoga Poses For Fibromyalgia
1. Child’s Pose
It is undoubtedly an excellent movement to combat fibromyalgia.
- To do this, kneel on a mat sitting on your heels.
- Lean down with the chest towards the thighs.
- Stretch the arms in opposition to the head.
- Breathe and stay relaxed with this asana.
2. Cat Pose
This position is beneficial for the back and various areas of the body. It also helps to face problems of fibromyalgia.
- To do this, kneel on a mat supporting you with your hands and knees.
- Breathe while making a curve in the back by letting your head fall a little down.
- Take another breath and make an arc in the back, bringing the head up and pulling out the buttocks.
3. Dog Pose
This yoga pose will increase body mobility by strengthening the balance.
- To do this, stand on a mat with a straight back and parallel legs.
- Bring your body down supporting you by the hands.
- Drop your head down slowly.
4. Cobra Pose
Cobra pose help to avoid muscle aches caused by fibromyalgia.
- Lying on the stomach with your feet together, place your hands under your shoulders and keep your elbows on the ground.
- Inhale and lift the forehead and chin up.
- Make a curve in the back and bring the body back (as much as you can).
Practice these yoga asanas in the comfort of your home and accompany them with relaxing music and optimal breathing to say goodbye to fibromyalgia. Remember that the pain in the joints will also disappear.