Pimples are common for most individuals in their teen ages and are typically an infected stated of the skin. Acne vulgaris is the bacteria that are responsible for this inflammation of the skin and its sebaceous glands. There are also other common causes for eruption of acne such as stress, deprived sleep, hectic lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits. Acne is common over the face, back and chest and has no definitive cure. It is possible to cure acne by simple home remedies to get rid of acne using ingredients that are a regular part of one’s kitchen. Let us explore how here.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Acne
1. Use of Ice
Ice is a natural vasoconstrictor that acts by quickly decreasing redness, inflammation and swelling of pimples. It improves the circulation of blood underneath the skin and tightens the skin pores to remove dust and oil accrued under the skin.
Both ice cubes and crushed ice be used, it has to be wrapped in a piece of cloth and held over the affected area for few seconds.
2. Lemon juice
Lemon juice is also an effective ingredient to get clear of pimples faster as has vitamin C. The lemon juice helps by drying up pimples faster.
- Dip a clean cotton swap in the juice and apply over the pimples just before you go to bed or a spoon of lemon juice could be mixed with cinnamon powder and applied over the pimples.
- Skin has to get washed off the next day.
- But, those who have a sensitive skin should not attempt lemon juice treatment.
3. Tea tree oil
Its antibacterial properties fight effectively against bacteria that cause skin problems. It also has soothing properties that decreases inflammation and redness in the pimples. The extract is also beneficial to dry off whiteheads and blackheads.
- Mix tea tree oil with aloe Vera gel and apply over the affected area for 20 minutes and then get washed off.
4. Use of toothpaste
Toothpaste not just treats the tooth but is also an effective solution against pimples. Best results could be achieved if this is used immediately after ice application. White toothpaste is recommended and not gel forms.
5. Exposure to steam
Steam always works wonders on the skin, especially when there is an infection and eruption of pimples as steam opens skin pores and allows skin to respire. Steam also helps to get clear of accumulated dust and bacteria that is trapped under the skin.
- Boil water in wide mouthed container until steam comes off and expose the face with caution over this steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Then dry the face using a clean towel and apply moisturizer.
6. Use of garlic
Garlic is known since ages for its antiseptic, antioxidant and antiviral properties and acts fast and best against pimples. Sculpture content in garlic promotes quick remedial of these pimples.
For treatment with garlic,
- Cut a garlic piece into two halves and rub one half directly over the pimples.
- Leave it for 5 minutes and wash the face with lukewarm water.
All these home remedies work perfect on acne or pimples and could get repeated many times a day for optimal results.
Image Source: 1