The toned body can achieve with a comfortable exercise routine. You can shed your extra pounds by burning off the excess calories you consume. Going to a gym for exercise is an excellent option to achieve the toned body. However, many people can not afford all the luxury equipment of gyms. Many body weight exercises do not require any fitness equipment. These toning workouts for women can do anywhere and at any time.
These toning workouts for women help you to burn calories, build muscle and also help to increase your metabolism.
In general, a complete body workout involves push-ups, planks, jumps, squats, lunges, and gluteal bridges.
10 Best Toning Workouts for Women
Here are the ten best toning workouts for women you can do at home:
Push-up is an essential exercise that can do by raising and lowering the body with the support of the arms.
- Push-ups can perform by placing your hands on the floor below the shoulders whereas keeping your body straight.
- Lower your chest by bending elbows and push back to the starting position.
- If you feel that this exercise is tight, it may be easy by placing your knees on the floor.
- This exercise leads the muscles of the chest, shoulders, and arms.
This exercise usually strengthens the entire abdominal region, hamstrings, lumbar area and glutes. It considers as the rehabilitation exercise that improves the stabilization of the spine.
- Lie on your back, by putting your arms at sides.
- Then, bend your knees and lift your hips by keeping your back straight and keeping your feet on the floor.
- Let your hips stand in a straight line with your shoulders and knees.
- Hold it in that position for 30 seconds and gently lower your hips back to the starting position and repeat for several minutes.
3. The jumps:
Jumps/skaters are the exercises that strengthen the legs. It is an excellent exercise for athletes, who improve speed and grace.
- To make perfect jumps, get into a semi-squat position and jump sideways and then land on the right foot.
- Repeat this process in the opposite direction, now land on your left foot.
- You can perform these jumps regularly to strengthen your legs.
This exercise routine helps tone the abdominal muscles, back, and shoulders. Planks are designed to use the upper and lower body in unison.
- To do the plank you need to get into an ironing position.
- Then lower yourself down into the table position by balancing on your forearms, elbows, and toes.
- Now balance on one arm and return to your initial position of arm flexion.
- Repeat the process by alternating the arm.
- You should maintain a straight body during the exercise.
- Plank is a common practice in Pilates and yoga.
- You can lower the level of difficulty by reducing your knees to the ground.
Squats are excellent exercises for the buttocks and legs.
- The squat is a position where you sit with your knees bent close to your heels with your thighs parallel to the floor.
- It works full body but mainly direct to the hips, thighs, and buttocks.
- If you find this exercise difficult, try the same in a chair by sitting and standing up.
- Now repeat this process several times to tone your body.
Lunges are high-intensity exercises that help in strengthening the thighs and hips.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Then, step forward with the right foot.
- Make sure you keep your knees at about 90 degrees.
- Stand on the leg forward with the help of the back leg.
- Alter the leg and repeat.
- This exercise can do by holding a pair of dumbbells in both hands.
7. Leg Individual balance:
It is one of the exercises that is exceptionally high for strengthening the legs.
- The first thing is to keep the balance on the left leg and lean forward at the waist, keeping the body straight.
- Now extend your right leg toward the ceiling.
- You should maintain a slight flexion of the left knee.
- Then raise the upper body to the starting position.
- Repeat a couple of times for better training.
- If you have found this balance difficult, keep the leg back for support.
8. Superman Back Extension:
This exercise will help you to increase the strength of the muscles along with the lower back and glutes.
- To perform this exercise, lie on the stomach and gently lift your legs and upper body at a time.
- Keep your head straight in this position.
- Keep this position for 2 – 3 seconds and repeat it for 10 – 12 times a day to increase your leg power.
9. Bird Dog:
Bird-dog is a great exercise to stabilize the lower back (spine). It works on the abs, back, hips and buttocks.
- Start with a position of dog down with the fingers pointing forward.
- Make sure your hands should fall on your shoulders, and your knees are under your hips.
- Slowly stretch the leg and the opposite arm almost parallel to the floor.
- Maintain your balance for a few seconds without sagging of the back.
- Come back to the primary position and repeat the same on alternate sides.
10. Side Table Drops:
The side table is the best exercise that helps you to strengthen your muscles. This exercise is mainly direct at the arms, legs, and back.
- Begin this exercise routine on one side with the elbow aligned directly under the shoulder.
- Lift your hips off the floor, supporting your body with your forearm and keep your feet one on top of the other.
- Keep your torso steady for 3 to 5 seconds and then slowly lower your hips to the floor.
- Repeat the same process by changing sides.
Image Source: 1