It could be hard to imagine for most people that it is really possible to lose 10 pounds in just 30 days. As the best weight loss challenge, it has been seen with speculation by many as well. If you are someone who wants to take up this challenge and how to lose 10 pounds in 30 days, then you should for sure follow the following steps.
Ways to attain this weight loss challenge
1. Controlling portions:
This is one important step towards weight reduction, try taking all meals at smaller size plates approximately 7” in diameter.
Limit consumption of stews or soups to 1 cups a day. When you wish to snack on fried items see that it is not more than the size of the palm of the hand.
Avoid eating directly from packets or bags but transfer contents to a bowl or plate to control portion sizes. Smaller portions mean fewer calories that are much beneficial to decrease weight.
It is important to be cautious of serving sizes of different meal categories so that the right amount is consumed and replace complex carbohydrates and fats on the plate with fresh fruits and vegetables.
2. Regular exercise:
To attain this attractive weight loss challenge, one has to exercise for at least 30 minutes a day, six days a week. It is important to perform cardiovascular exercises or weight training exercises or a combination of both the techniques. Optimal weight management could always be attained only by the right combination of exercise and diet.
3. Discontinuing use of artificial sweeteners and sugars:
Discontinue use of artificial sweetener sand all refined sugars in bottled drinks and in juices. Read carefully the ingredient label on packed foods and avoid processed canned foods as they have additional sugars as preservatives.
During the challenge period, it is important to consume only whole foods, however 4 teaspoons of refined sugar is allowed per day. Honey and molasses should be avoided during the challenge period as their level of unrefined sugar could not get measured.
4. Cleansing with water:
It is important to take large quantities of water during the challenge period, to wash off and cleanse out any toxins that get accumulated. Removing toxins is the best way to maintain healthy weight as well.
Other important tips to be followed during the weight loss challenge period:
- Avoid packed and processed foods available at the grocery store
- Shop predominantly for fresh fruits and vegetables, low fat dairy products and lean fat, avoid buying too fatty foods.
- Consume milk and yogurt that is low in fat content
- Avoid deep fried and battered food throughout the challenge period.
- Restrict with three meals a day paradigm and two snacks per day
- Treat meal could be considered only once a week during the four week challenge period. Treat meal refers to the meal that is close to one’s heart, but is allowed only once a week and that too in small portions.
- Alcohol is strictly not allowed owing to its high sugar content. It is good to refrain from tobacco as well
Image Source: 1