The symptoms of nervous colitis also known as Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Functional Bowel Disease, are usually, vary according to the type of the disease.
Over 20% of Brazilians reported symptoms of nervous colitis, a condition that develops on a diet low in fiber, or as a result of destabilizing emotional factors such as stress. Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), also known as nerve colitis, is a disorder related to the digestive tract.
Symptoms Of Nervous Colitis
The nervous colitis is a chronic disease and oscillating, which may worsen with stress, diet and time of the menstrual cycle. To differentiate nervous colitis from other intestinal problems, specialists draw up a list of their most common symptoms:
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Abdominal pain or discomfort
- Change in shape or consistency of stool
- Presence of mucus (phlegm) in feces
- Need to evacuate, especially after meals
- Pain relief with the evacuation
- Incomplete bowel emptying sensation after a bowel movement
The symptoms of excited colitis occur more regularly in women, i.e., three women for each man have this condition.
How To Prevent Nervous Colitis
- The first step in treating colitis is to make a lifestyle change.
- The consumption of vegetables, fruits, and grains, are fundamental in supplying the fibers that your body needs.
- Also, drink two liters of water per day.
- Reduce or stop the consumption of irritants such as alcohol and tobacco because they favor the development of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Avoid eating foods like Beans, Onions, Broccoli or Kale, causing inflammation of the stomach.
- Also, Reduce speed when eating and not skipping any meal.
Image Source: 1