Follow these tips to get sore throat healing
- Gargling with salt water helps to prevent a sore throat. And it will reduce inflammation in the throat, and that eliminates bacteria. To do this take a cup of water and add half a teaspoon of salt, mix well and gargle. But do not swallow.
- You can also gargle tea with raspberry leaves, sage, turmeric, Listerine.
- Take fluids like water, fruit juice, soups, etc., that helps to keep mucous membranes moist and fights with the bacteria that cause a sore throat. At this stage, you have to stay hydrated.
- Drink a hot cup of non-herbal tea which contains antioxidants that help to strengthen immunity and kills the bacteria. You can add a teaspoon of honey containing antibacterial properties helps to get relief quicker.
- Take chicken soup that containing anti-inflammatory properties and soothe the throat.
- Try to avoid antibiotics for a sore throat. Use full course medicine that helps to get rid of the problem, but not for short-term relief.
- Include foods that contain vitamins, minerals, antioxidants such as oysters, sweet potatoes, fresh fruits, vegetables, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, etc.
- Eat something that is in the cold and warm state. Both temperatures have a unique effect on the throat to get rid of the problem. Eating foods that are cold (juice bars) will help to calm the itching caused by bacteria. And eating food that is in hot (tea, coffee) will improve the circulation of blood around the throat.
- Take hot thermal pad or any cloth and compress it to your throat for pain relief.
- Drink warm milk by adding turmeric powder into it.
- Do not eat greasy food that increases pain and problem.
- Elm, use the inner bark of the tree, contains mucilage to reduce throat irritation and to calm a sore throat. Also available in capsule form. You can also try by adding 1 teaspoon of inner crust with 2 cups of boiling water. Strain the solution and drink when it is warm. Take a tablespoonful of honey before bed as it will soothe the throat.
- Use a humidifier in your bedroom and adjust the level according to your comfort. Avoid smoking and taking other tobacco products altogether.
- Use decongestants that are available both in oral or nasal sprays which help you to get faster relief from the throat infection and breathing. But before using read the label.
- Take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as Advil or Aleve which is a part included in the medicines for a sore throat.
- Try some over-the-counter medications such as throat pills or candy, ice cream and cough syrup for the relief of a sore throat.
- Take some painkillers like aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, naproxen, etc., to get relief from a sore throat and your pain.
- Analgesic sprays like Chloraseptic can help you to get relief from a sore throat. As it will not last long, we can spray when severe pain arrives.
- Take marshmallows to get relief from pain like layers of gelatin and relieves pain.
Precautions for Preventing Sore Throat:
- Try not to stay in the polluted air.
- Wash your hands and face frequently.
- Avoid both active and passive forms of smoking.
- Avoid close contact with the people who have a sore throat.
- Do not share food, glasses, and utensils with others.
- Use a filter mask to clean things that have dust.
- Clean the things you touch such as TV remotes, telephones, computer keyboards, etc., with the cleanest disinfectant.
- Rinse your throat every day with an antiseptic mouthwash.
Image Source: 1