Facial skin exposed to the damaging effects of external contaminants, such as wind, cold, sun, cigarettes, makeup, etc. daily. They end up damaging the structure and preventing the process of regeneration and cell renewal from being performed correctly. For this reason, skin cleansing is necessary for leaving it free of impurities should be a ritual of beauty for everyone if you want to have a more pleasant and soft skin that also looks younger.
The skin cleansing is perhaps the most natural element, less expensive and more important to maintain healthy skin. It is a healthy skin care regimen. Cleansing helps to remove excess oil and impurities from the skin and helps to improve your health and radiation. Cleansing also helps to prepare your skin for the other steps in your skin care program.
You can use a professional skin cleanser or something natural. This process can also do in a place that specializes in skin care or even in your own home.
How To Do Skin Cleansing?
It is advisable to perform a skin cleansing at home once a month. Here’s the step-by-step on how to do homemade skin cleansing with a very professional result.
How To Do Skin Cleansing At Home
1. Clean the skin
The first step to a skin cleansing is to remove the dirt with soap from the skin. Remove all traces of makeup and do not forget the eye contour.
2. Open pores with steam
To do this, put warm water in a container, cover your head with a towel and stay on the water vapor for about 10 minutes. If you use a few drops of essential oils such as lavender, it will also help you relax.
3. Apply an exfoliant
Use an exfoliating product and perform a soft circular massage on the skin without pressing. Avoid the outlines of the eyes and lips. The scrub will help to remove dead cells, blackheads, and pimples. Do exfoliation with a granular product (mechanical exfoliation) or chemical (enzymatic desquamation).
4. Close the pores
Once you’ve removed the scrub, you need to close the pores. You can buy a specific product for this or even make at home like green tea, which is a natural astringent. Cold water can also help.
Choose the moisturizer that suits to your skin type, whether oily, dry, mixed or regular. Once the skin is dry, gently spread a moisturizer on the face and let it penetrate the skin for a few minutes.
Home Remedies For Skin Cleansing
Using industrial skin cleansers with many added ingredients (fragrances, dyes and harsh detergents) can cause irritation and allergies. Therefore, using natural products to clean the skin decreases the likelihood of an allergic reaction because they contain less irritating ingredients.
See below some of the best natural options for doing a skin cleansing at home and having excellent results, with a simple beauty routine.
1. Skin Cleansing with honey
Honey is a great natural skin cleanser. It acts smoothly in removing dirt and other impurities from the skin without removing the skin from its natural oils, unlike industrial skin cleansers.
Honey has excellent antibacterial, anti-infective and natural probiotic properties, which help to reduce leakage effectively. It is very soft and provides deep cleansing of the skin, is also ideal for sensitive skin. It balances oily skin and moisturizes dry skin.
How to Cleanse Skin with Honey
- Take one teaspoon of milk and add four teaspoons of honey, mix well.
- Wash your face thoroughly and wipe dry.
- Once you get a smooth facial mask consistency, apply it across your face with clean hands.
- Wait for 10 to 15 minutes and then remove with water.
- This recipe is suitable for all skin types.
2. Skin cleansing with coffee
Caffeine is a natural stimulant. The same stimulating properties manifested when it comes to facial care. When coffee applied to the skin, it penetrates the skin to improve circulation and leaves the appearance of new, clean skin.
How to Cleanse Skin with Coffee
- Mix 3 tablespoons milk with coffee powder until you get the texture of yogurt.
- Try not to make it too liquid because you will get a bit uncomfortable during the application.
- Wash and dry your face thoroughly.
- When you are ready, apply the face mask (avoid the eyes and lips area).
- Massage the face gently with the mixture and leave for 20 minutes.
- When removing the mask, massage the skin with the tips of the fingers.
- Finally, apply a moisturizer on the face while the skin is still a bit damp, to seal the moisture.
3. Skin cleansing with gelatin
Gelatine fills collagen deficiencies in the skin, helps to eliminate small wrinkles and increases blood circulation, which favors its cleaning.
How to cleanse skin with gelatin
- You need 2 tablespoons of milk, 1 tablespoon of sugar and two tablespoons of unflavored gelatin powder.
- Put the milk in a bowl and heat it for 10 seconds in the microwave.
- Add the gelatin and sugar, and mix well until it forms a creamy paste.
- Apply on your face, making circular movements and let it act for 15 minutes.
- Remove with plenty of water.
- Repeat two or three times a week.
4. Skin cleansing with oats
Oats are a gentle exfoliating and cleansing skin. It works on the extraction of all impurities from the skin and helps in cleaning the pores. It also functions as a mild astringent, deeply cleansing the skin without damaging it. It is also perfect for the most sensitive skin types. Oatmeal acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and stimulates the production of collagen in the skin.
How to Cleanse Skin with Oats
- Make a mixture of 1 tablespoon of milk, one tablespoon of oats and a few drops of honey.
- Add a little water and mix the ingredients very well until it forms a thin paste.
- Wash and dry your face thoroughly.
- Apply the paste on face and neck.
- Gently make circular motions so that the blend works as a cleanser and exfoliating.
- Leave for at least 15 minutes and remove with plenty of water.
Deep Skin Cleansing
Although you can remove your makeup and clean your skin twice a day, both morning and evening, the accumulated residue always remains. Therefore, it is essential that you subject your facial skin to deep cleansing, at least once a month, to have a radiant and much younger appearance.
How to Do a Deep Skin Cleansing at Home
If you do not have the time to go to an aesthetic center or want to save a little money, you can also do your skin cleansing at home, so you have an equally beautiful, shiny and youthful skin.
Follow the steps below and use the products that best meet your skin’s needs, so take note:
- Wash your face with cold water and remove all residue with a facial cleanser suitable for your skin type.
- Gently massage with the fingertips on facial areas such as the forehead, chin, cheeks, and neck to relax all muscles.
- Apply an exfoliating lotion to remove dead cells using a circular motion.
- Use the steaming to open each pore. To do this, place warm water on a hard surface.
- Cover your head using a towel and place your face on the pan so that all the hot steam permeates your face.
- Stay in this position for 10 minutes.
- Then wash the skin with cold water to close the pores.
- Finally, apply your moisturizer.
After cleansing, it is essential that you avoid using the makeup immediately to allow your skin to rest for a while and to renew itself completely. If you also like natural cosmetics, you can also incorporate some natural ingredients that we have seen in this treatment.
Benefits of Skin Cleansing
The skin cleansing is critical to a routine of beauty and skin care. See below the benefits that skin cleansing provides:
Never mind the younger
Every day your skin is aging. The simple process of washing your face before bed is a great way to stimulate the internal processes that fight against aging.
Research showed that specific physiological changes in the skin occur at night. Like many of our organs, our skin does its renewal overnight. During the night, the skin needs oxygen to renew itself. And sleeping with your makeup or dirty face can deprive you of this vital nutrient. When makeup is left on, it blocks the natural renewal process, which can make your skin look less beautiful.
Promotes the action of skin beauty products
When blood flow increase, the absorption, and penetration of the ingredients also increase. If you wash your face and apply some cream or other beauty product to the skin, it will be helping in the absorption and better effect of it.
So if you do not wash your face before going to bed, it’s a missing chance to do something for your skin and wake up with a smoother, more beautiful and younger skin.
Prevents pore clogging
Excess sebum, dead skin cells, and pollution are sitting on your face. When the skin is not lime, and the makeup is left, the impurities can clog the pores. Not removing the makeup can also lead to inflammation and other skin problems.
- All dead skin cells will remove, as well as accumulated impurities.
- Allows the skin to oxygenate inside, so it can breathe properly, and ensure that the process of cell regeneration at night is a success.
- It completely unblocks the pores, decongests them and also reduces the size, so that they are much less visible in the face.
- It also facilitates the elimination of blackheads and acne.
- It balances skin pH levels and fights the effects of external pollutants on the skin.
- It prevents the emergence of multiple problems such as excess fat, facial glow, acne, dryness, redness, etc.
- Decreases the aging process, prevents the appearance of wrinkles and results in a much more luminous, smooth and silky skin.
- Combats and reduces signs of facial fatigue.
- Activates blood circulation in the area and facial muscles are toned.
The skin cleansing is an essential task that should be performed daily to remove all accumulated on the face and remove impurities, makeup and have radiant skin and beautiful. For this beauty regimen, it is essential to select appropriate products to use, always taking into account the needs of our skin to avoid premature damages.
Image Source: 1