There are several reasons for a toothache. It is usually a gum disease, tooth decay, excessive tartar, injuries, crowns or seals, cracked tooth, jaw disease or irritated dental nerve.
A toothache is sometimes so intense and frustrating that it prevents you from doing normal daily activities, aggravating your mood, or makes eating more difficult.
Of course, the best solution is a dentist’s visit. But what if the pain suddenly appears and is just a night or a weekend and there is no dental emergency?
In that case, you can use a remedy to tell you today. It is a home-based but efficient way of slowing down a toothache in just a few seconds.
- One teaspoon of coconut oil
- Cut the cloves into tiny pieces on the kitchen board and add them to the coconut oil.
- Mix the contents well until form a fine paste.
- Apply the obtained paste to the painful area of the gums, the tooth, and its surroundings.
- Repeat the procedure three times a day.
How does it work
- Coconut oil has the antibacterial effect. It helps to kill bacteria that cause inflammation.
- The cloves, in turn, contain the substance eugenol, which has analgesic (pain suppressing) effects.
- In case of severe pain, you can enhance the effect of the remedy by chewing a clove for a few minutes. It speeds up eugenol excretion into the pain site.
Image Source: 1