Do you like to prepare pastry but when you eat you prefer the salty? Today we present you salty muffin recipe that will make you lick your fingers and with which you will enjoy a lot in its preparation. It is a cheap recipe, easy to prepare and that will please the whole family.
Also, it will serve you as much for an aperitif as for complementing a meal or a dinner, since they are quite strong, they satisfy well and have a delicious flavor. We talk about the salty muffin recipe, a new essential in your kitchen that we want you to learn to cook today. You will see how they ask you to repeat. You will love it!
Salty Muffin Recipe
It require a series of ingredients that are quite common in the kitchen, so it is likely that you have them all at hand. Think about when you are going to want to make this salty muffin recipe and check that you have all the necessary ingredients. If you miss something, write it down on the shopping list and do not forget it.
Another advice that we want to give you based on the ingredients is that you are clear that you are going to save more time and effort if you prepare them before starting to eat. It will take you 5 minutes and having everything at hand will make you enjoy later preparing your recipe. The visual aspect matters a lot.
Therefore, dedicate the first 5 minutes of preparation to prepare all the ingredients in their respective containers, arrange them in order on the counter top and enjoy.
- 200 grams of flour
- 200 ml of milk
- 175 grams of cooked ham or bacon
- 150 grams of grated cheese
- 100 ml of oil
- Two eggs
- Two teaspoons of yeast
- White pepper
Now that we have all the ingredients ready let’s start with the preparation of our salty muffin recipe.
- The first thing is to mix the flour in a bowl with the yeast, the pepper, and the salt, these last two to taste.
- Put everything in the bowl and mix so that it integrates well, with a couple of shakes will suffice.
- Now, in another bowl mix the eggs, milk, and oil and again give a couple of turns to distribute the contents.
- What do we do now with these two bowls? Touch to join them. But first, preheat the oven to 175º for 12 minutes.
- To join them, we will take the solids one, and it will be this one that we add little by little to the liquids. The ideal is to throw them with a sieve to avoid lumps, if you are very crafty or maybe you do not need it, but remember that it is good, and it is an investment that will cost you a little money, and you can get much out of your sifter, especially if you like to prepare baking.
- Once you have mixed them, add the cheese and ham or bacon and stir too. The bacon you can cook it lightly, but it also serves if you want to put it raw and cook a little in the oven.
- Once we have all the dough ready, we pour it into the typical “capsules” to make muffins and put them in a specific mold. If you do not have it, you can also make it as a sponge cake and then cut into pieces when serving, but the result is much more interesting if we make it as muffins or salty muffins.
- Now, play bake for 20 minutes. When the time passes, open the oven and click with a toothpick to see if they made inside.
- Remember the trick: If it comes out wet is that they are not ready yet. Put them three more minutes each time, but make sure you do not get burned.
- To present them, you can arrange them with some other food, as an accompaniment of vegetables can go very well. As we say, if you choose the presentation in the form of muffins you will have a unique dish, delicious, nutritious and with a fantastic taste that will appeal to all audiences and that will surprise you much more than if you do it by way of Biscuit.
Alternatives To Prepare With Salty Muffins
If you do not like bacon or cooked ham or if you have already prepared this recipe of salty muffins several times and would like to innovate, you have other options to prepare them, using the base of this recipe and changing the main flavor or star ingredient. So, you can prepare savory bacon muffins or salty cooked ham muffins, but also savory turkey muffins, salted muffins with cheese cubes or even savory chorizo muffins.
You can serve almost any sausage. Keep in mind the particularities of the flavor of each one, since for example one of sausage, fuet or even sausage will have a stronger flavor than another of cooked ham, turkey or bacon.
You can also prepare salty muffins of different flavors and enjoy them.
You can also prepare a topping with more cheese and a touch of the grill or even a small touch of bechamel. It will be delicious.