Saffron is one of the primary ingredients of saffron milk. If you usually use saffron as a seasoning in food, you may have heard of the benefits of saffron for health. Here we’ll let you saffron milk benefits.
This drink takes a few more foods, all with medicinal properties, and does well for all body systems. So it is a great option to consume on a daily basis, moderately and within a healthy eating routine. Know saffron milk benefits and learn how to make saffron milk.
Saffron Milk Benefits
Saffron milk, also called golden milk, which turns yellowish just because of saffron, also carries pepper, water, cinnamon, and coconut oil. Check out the saffron milk benefits that meeting these ingredients offers to health.
1. Acts as A Powerful Antioxidant
Saffron with milk is also a rich source of antioxidants for the body, which help to fight off excess free races by allowing the cells to renew and prevent disease.
2. Acts as Antiseptic and Natural Antibiotic
Honey is not only used to sweeten saffron milk. It also offers its antiseptic, antibiotic, expectorant and soothing properties, helping to alleviate symptoms of flu, sore throat, stomach pain, and arrest.
4. Contributes to Weight Loss
The pepper and cinnamon present in the drink help to speed up the metabolism, which contributes to the burning of calories when you have a routine of physical activity and a healthy diet.
5. Accelerate the Healing Process
Both saffron and honey offer properties that help to accelerate healing processes inside and outside the body.
6. Collaborate with Cholesterol Control
Keeping good cholesterol levels, HLD, slightly higher than bad cholesterol, LDL, is essential to prevent cardiovascular and liver disease.
7. Keeps the Body Protected from Inflammation
One of the properties of saffron is to be anti-inflammatory, so this drink helps to reduce the symptoms of diseases like arthritis and other inflammatory processes of the body.
How To Prepare Saffron Milk
The saffron milk recipe has two steps. First, make a saffron paste and then mix everything. See the step by step process to make saffron milk.
- Milk: 250 milliliters
- Honey: 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon: half a spoon
- Coconut oil: 1 teaspoon
- Saffron powder: a quarter cup
- Water: half a cup
- Ground black pepper: half a teaspoon
- Start with the saffron paste. In a small saucepan mix water, turmeric, and pepper.
- Bring to the heat and stir until getting a consistency paste.
- Let it cool.
- In another pan, put the milk, the coconut oil, a quarter spoonful of the turmeric paste and bring to the fire, continually stirring, until boiling.
- Transfer to a mug, sweeten it with honey and be ready to drink.
Image Source: 1