Would you like to get brighter, whiter teeth? Currently, several products are attractive to combat the yellowish tone of teeth. And this is the case of lemon for teeth whitening. The citric acid in the lemon can help you to get whiter teeth, fresher breath, and healthier gums. But, it is not a recommended option for dentists.
Properties of Lemon Teeth Whitening
Lemon is a citrus fruit with many benefits for the health of the body. It is a powerful antioxidant, antibacterial, antiseptic, diuretic and natural detoxifier.
But in addition to all these properties, the lemon becomes one of the home remedies for whitening teeth. The dentists do not advise frequent use for this purpose, as it could lead to damage to the dental enamel.
Its success in the task of giving a whiter shade to stained or yellow teeth is due to its acid content. It acts as a natural lightener and can remove dark spots on the denture, and helps to get its original white color.
Also, thanks to its antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Lemon promotes the elimination of tartar, prevent bacterial plaque and combat bad breath. The large doses of vitamin C it contains perfect for cleaning and strengthening the gums, and helps to keep them healthy.
How to Use Lemon for Teeth Whitening
1. Mouthwash with lemon for teeth whitening
There are various home remedies for teeth whitening with lemon that you can carry out. One of the simplest that can offer good results is mouthwash with a lemon juice diluted in water.
How to use:
- Boil some water with the juice of 1 lemon.
- After about 5 minutes, remove from heat and wait for the preparation to cool.
- Then, brush your teeth and use the mixture of water and lemon juice to make mouthwashes.
Rubbing the teeth with the lemon shell also helps to get whiter teeth. So if you prefer, you can try this option.
2. Baking soda and lemon for teeth whitening
To get whiter teeth naturally, you can use the combination of lemon and baking soda. In addition to removing residues and stains, it helps to balance the pH of the oral cavity and keep it healthy and away from microorganisms that can cause infections.
How to use:
- Stir one tablespoon of baking soda with the juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Use this paste to brush your teeth with an approximate duration of about 2 minutes.
- Then, rinse the mouth with warm water to eliminating all the residues.
- Do not repeat this treatment more than two times a week.
Baking soda can also combine with other products to get a brighter denture.
3. Salt and lemon for teeth whitening
If your teeth look yellow or have dark spots, the lemon-salt mixture can help to remove it.
How to use:
- In a bowl, combine one small spoonful of salt with one tablespoon fresh lemon juice.
- Brush the teeth with this paste for about 30 seconds.
- It is essential that you do not exceed this time of use.
Also, it is vital that you do not carry out this treatment again for next 20 days, as it could be very aggressive for tooth enamel and teeth.
Precautions to consider
As dental practitioners assert, teeth whitening with lemon or other home remedies, is not the most appropriate option to get a whiter and stain-free denture. It is most advisable to go to the dentist to check the condition of the oral health and check if it is convenient for the patient to undergo a dental whitening treatment, which should perform by a specialist.
Dentists report that lemon is a citrus food that can cause a weakening of the tooth enamel and a long-term destruction of it. So, the use of these home treatments not recommended. And in the case of carrying them out, they should perform in a very limited way.
Image Source: 1