You see, the lemon essential oil contains three chemical compounds that give it its lightening effect for the skin: limonene, citric acid, and alpha hydroxy acid. These natural agents affect the skin in many ways: They tone and reduce hyper-pigmentation, they act as whiteners and natural exfoliants, they stimulate the replacement of dead cells, and eliminate blackheads. Here, we’ll tell you how to use lemon essential oil for skin lightening.
Lemon Essential Oil For Skin Lightening
To take advantage of these properties in your daily beauty care, we suggest one of these tips:
1. Lemon Essential Oil With Baking Soda
Baking soda is widely using in different facials. It is best known for its exfoliating properties that help to get rid of dead skin cells. By using it together with lemon essential oil, you can optimize its effect.
- Add two drops of lemon essential oil to a teaspoon of baking soda, mix and apply to your skin for 2 or 3 minutes.
2. Lemon Essential Oil With A Vaporizer
It is another way to hydrate the skin of the face several times a day while offering natural lightening care.
- Add 20 drops of lemon essential oil, two spoons of aloe vera gel to half a glass of rose water.
- Pour this mixture into a vaporizer, shake and use several times a day.
3. Whitening Serum With Lemon Essential Oil
- it’s simple, put 20 drops of essential oil of lemon in half a glass of sesame oil and you will obtain a natural serum to lighten your skin.
4. Lemon Essential Oil Moisturizer
- Another simple way to offer you the benefits of lemon essential oil for the face is to add a few drops to your moisturizer (at a rate of 10 to 15 drops per 100 ml of moisturizer).
5. Lemon Essential Oil To Cleanse Your Face
It is the most useful methods for cleaning your face. It consists of massaging one’s face with sunflower oil, castor oil or extra-virgin olive oil. By adding lemon essential oil to your oil of choice, you will be able to optimize the result of this treatment.
6. Facial Steaming With Lemon Essential Oil
If you add 3 or 4 drops of lemon essential oil, the vapor will help the molecules of this oil to penetrate directly into the pores of your face for maximum effect.
7. Liquid Soap With Lemon Essential Oil For Face
Add a few drops of lemon essential oil (8 drops per 250 ml of soap) to your soap bottle. Of course, this method is only possible if you use a liquid soap that has a pump bottle.
The essential oil of lemon is photosensitizing. That is, exposure to the sun after use can cause skin irritation. It is therefore advisable to apply it in the evening.
It should also remember that lemon essential oil can cause irritation or allergic reactions in some people. It is therefore advisable to make an allergy and skin tolerance test before using it for the first time.