There are many benefits of lemon for facial skin beauty. Many beauty experts recommend using lemon for daily skin care. Here, we’ll tell you some of the very useful lemon benefits for skin.
Lemon is a source of calcium, vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, minerals, and antioxidants. All these nutrients are right for facial skin beauty. It helps to overcome various skin problems like black spots, blackheads and overcome wrinkles.
Lemon Benefits For Skin
Here are the benefits and ways to use lemon for skin care.
1. Eliminating Black Spots
The citric acid in lemon can help to overcome black spots.
- Before going to bed apply lemon juice to the black spots and wash with cold water in the morning.
- Do it regularly for one to two weeks, and black spots will disappear.
You can also use lemon water for body care.
- Add 1/2 cup of lemon water in a bucket of water and bathe for 20 minutes.
2. Brighten and Soften the Skin
Lemon is abundant in vitamin C and citric acid. If you use lemon in the diet, it can help to soften and brighten your skin. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that is very good at neutralizing free radicals. Also, it helps in increasing collagen production.
- Apply lemon juice to every area of the body including the knees, elbows, and face to brighten and soften the skin.
3. Remove Blackheads
Antibacterial and antifungal properties in lemons help to treat acne and blackheads.
- To get rid of blackheads, rub the lemon water on the area affected by blackheads.
- Perform this treatment every night and rinse with cold water in the morning.
4. Moisturizing Mask
If you have dry skin, moisten the skin using a lemon mask.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey, lemon and olive oil.
- Apply the resultant mask to the face and leave for 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
5. Reduce Wrinkles
- To deal with wrinkles, mix one teaspoon of honey with a few drops of lemon water and a drop of sweet almond oil.
- Apply this to the face and neck. Leave for 20 minutes, then clean.
6. Remove Dead Skin Cells
- Add 1/2 tsp sugar to the lemon juice and rub it on the face, leave it for a few minutes.
- You can also make a mixture using lemon water plus a little sugar and water.
- Perform this treatment once a week to help remove dead skin cells and refresh the skin.
If your skin is sensitive to citric acid, you can melt lemon water with water. Using a cotton ball to apply it is the best way. Try not to use lemon water on your skin before exposure to the sun as skin becomes more sensitive to sunlight.
Image Source: 1