How To Wear Saree: Trendy Saree Wearing Styles
How to Pinup Saree Perfectly: To get the perfect look in the saree, use the right type and place of pins
Spice your look with a fitted graphic tee acting as the blouse. You can create the full effect by wearing your favorite shirt and knotting it in the front or back to show off that midriff. Try bringing the two worlds together by picking traditional crafts like Batik, Indigo or Kalamkari.
- A lucky few may have conquered the whole nine yards in style, and then there are some who carry a bunch of safety pins at the ready every time they wear a saree.
- Use a thin belt with a metallic buckle or a wide cloth belt to add an edge to your look.
- During special events, pleating and folding a saree can enable you to drape it fast and efficiently while still maintaining a flawless appearance.
- He then imported around 32 power looms to India and thus started manufacturing of Mysore silk sarees.
- If there is one couture that every Indian woman loves to wear, it has to be a saree!
Your petticoat must contrast your saree well and you should always get the blouse stitched with good fitting. Loose blouses give a hideous look and will spoil whole look. Wrap the saree anticlockwise around your body while allowing it to run over the pleats in such a way that the fold-tips is an inch higher. Bring the running end of the saree to the front to your navel. Now, remember – the diaphanous sarees are meant to be flaunted. Flaunt your curves in the transparent saree, which is probably the most sensuous garment ever.
It is rather simple, doesn’t require careful pleating, and used to be a convenient way for women to carry their keys by tying the keyring at the end of the pallav. Traditionally, women used to tie their bunch of keys to their pallu thrown over the right shoulder. Even though Saree itself is a layered ensemble but the draping pattern can bring an added charm to it. Experimenting with various textures can result in a breathtaking silhouette.
It truly is up to your imagination to create one of the kind draping styles, these are just a few examples. Team it up with wedges or flip-flops and add a blend of uniqueness to your saree. We all know, draping a saree to look slim is not easy. A drape can change the overall look of your saree attire. When we’re learning how to drape a saree to look slim, we need to first figure which type of saree can be incorporated in our fashion statement pin up promo code.
Trendy Bags to Tote This Fall
Sarees can be worn everyday, but when you’re dolling up for a wedding your saree can be your secret weapon to nailing a great wedding look. We’re real people and real people have different types of bodies. You really don’t need to lose weight or be of the ideal height to look great in a saree. You just need to know how to wear a saree to look slim. Do you know all of these how to wear saree in different style versions? Then stamp the right side end underneath your left heel to hold the saree in place, while you go about tying it.
- Take a round of the saree and make 6-8 pleats of 5-6 inches each at the centre and tuck them neatly.
- For the main wedding event, it would be valuable for you to know how to wear wedding silk saree.
- The elegant and classy saree has wowed women for centuries and is still a fierce competition to its Western counterparts.
In this article, we’ve included a little bit about saree draping styles to look slim. This will help you understand how to wear a saree to look slim step by step. Choose the drape that carefully conceals and elaborates your body, to transform you into a diva. In fact, you can pick up a different style for various occasions – be it a wedding, kitty party, or social gatherings. So ditch your regular style of draping a saree and choose one from the unique options we’ve listed below.
Learn How to Wear South Indian Saree: Step by Step
Be it the scorching summers, or the chilly winters, cotton can be worn any time of the day with ease. Use a pair of small beads where the safety pin enters and leaves the fabric, as shown in this picture. This will prevent the pin from accidentally tearing the saree during a sudden pull or jerk. To know the exact length of your saree, you should wear your heels (footwear) before draping it. It would give you the exact height and would never need readjustments.
Also, if you think the pleats make you look fat on the tummy, try keeping the pleats on the side instead of front. The highlight though, is that some of them come with pockets! It is best suited for cocktail parties and wedding receptions where you can pair it with a high neck blouse and a pair of danglers to keep it simple yet classy. Want to know how our peeps in Maharashtra style the saree in India?
Choose the right blouse for your body-type
It shows how hygienic and organized you are, personally and impacts your personality very strongly. An embellished corseted blouse with a concept drape saree can instantly up your outfit game by many folds. Due to being pre-stitched they are easy to carry and give a suave gown-like feel. This victorian-meets-Indian style is perfect for an evening party when you are in the mood for the Indo-western style, you can wear this look and get some heads turning. What if you could combine the ease of wearing a pair of jeans with the elegant look of the saree? Add a denim twist to your look and take it up a notch by draping a saree over a pair of jeans.
Which of these is a famous silk saree from Uttar Pradesh?
Banarasi Silk Sarees are one of the most popular varieties of silk sarees in India. These sarees are handcrafted in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, using the finest quality silk and metallic threads.
You may even clip these pleats so that they remain intact. Now, make wide pleats that start at the left side of your belly button and fold it in a way that it ends at your right leg.
Article Topics on WeddingWire
You are ready to flaunt this classic style looking absolutely stunning. And help everyone through with this how to wear saree in different style tutorial.
- There’s nothing that can beat the grace of a saree; only if its draped to perfection.
- You have to set the pallu plates of the saree well first and then put a pin in it.
- Then stamp the right side end underneath your left heel to hold the saree in place, while you go about tying it.
- For this, you need to know where the pin should be placed in the saree.
- Maintaining a good skin health and using a light foundation with a minimalist makeup can save your time and still make you look impressive as a corporate lady.
Bring the pleated drape from the left back towards the right side and bring it in front from under your right armhole to the left front shoulder. Take the non-pallu end of the saree, while holding it on your right side. Take it to your left and then bring it around your back and then tie a tight knot on the right side with the right end. Once the saree is tucked in, take the width section of the end drape and make pleats (approximately 5-6 inches each) of the whole width. Gather them in a way that the top border forms the first crease.
Plan on the go with the WeddingWire app
Now take this bunch of folds almost to the centre of your back and hold them firmly in place. We strongly suggest silk or lycra petticoats in the perfect match. Please buy long petticoats and adjust to the exact height after wearing your shoes. Blouses are supposed to be well-fitted so that you can flaunt your curves in the traditional drape. When it comes to off-shoulder blouses, the fitting of it becomes essential so that even when it sleeves slide from its place, the bodice can support the entire piece. One of them is sporting a saree with stunning off-shoulder blouses.
- One would choose a petticoat that matched the base colour of the saree it was to be worn with and there wasn’t much more to it.
- Take the non-pallu end of the saree, while holding it on your right side.
- Saree pins can improve the overall look of the saree in addition to serving as a practical accessory to hold the pallu in place.
This will not keep your pallu from getting displaced. Some people may take offense to a bright red or purple lipstick and bring undue attention to your face. Maintaining a good skin health and using a light foundation with a minimalist makeup can save your time and still make you look impressive as a corporate lady. Refer to my blog about makeup tips for professional women here for more details. Make sure the petticoat is never visible beneath the saree or at the foot. 1.Make your pleats a little wider if you have slim shoulders, and make them narrower.
Mysore Silk Saree
This style would be further complimented if you choose a silky fabric which could define your pleats like the iridescent wings of a butterfly. Look phenomenal in this Gujarati style drape that you can team with a shirt-style, full sleeves blouse with a unique neckline. Shirt style blouses have gained a cult following lately with women of all walks of life donning them with various necklines and patterns. Picking a saree with patterns that incline towards the contemporary palette would keep you on trend. Hope you love this amazing saree draping guide, visit online shopping sites and shop some sarees, learn how to tie a saree perfectly and slay in any occasion. Now, place this pleated section over your left shoulder and ensure that the length of the saree touches the ground at the back.
Take a small portion of the saree that’s now at your front and knot it into the previous fold, on your navel. Make a firm knot, as this will hold the piece together.
Tops Doubling for Blouses
Bring in the glitz and glam of embroidery or embrace your rustic roots by wrapping yourself in a quintessential saree and teaming up with a complimentary cape. You can play with the draping style by choosing to pin up the Pallu over or under the cape. Walk tall in this style by adding a pair of stilettos and get all the heads turning.
- We may have even let slip a swear word or two when we almost tripped over.
- Look urban in this palazzo style of wearing a saree which you can create by styling a dupatta on a crop top that blends with the colors of the outfit.
- When we’re learning how to drape a saree to look slim, we need to first figure which type of saree can be incorporated in our fashion statement.
- The exquisite patterns on the pallu and border of these sarees make them noteworthy.
- Use a pair of small beads where the safety pin enters and leaves the fabric, as shown in this picture.
Pin it up neatly and then bring the right side border of the pleated pallu towards the right shoulder. Stretch it under your armhole and tuck it near the right side of your hip. However, if you wish to have a pleated pallu, hold up the width of your pallu section and make pleats of about 5-6 inches each. While holding the pleats, bring the drape from beneath the right armhole and pull it up towards your left shoulder.
Hacks To Carry A Saree More Gracefully And Comfortably?
You just need to know the correct saree wearing method to drape any type of saree. A hit among celebrities, this has become a sought after look with contemporary sarees. This style is similar to wearing a traditional waist chain around the saree. Use a thin belt with a metallic buckle or a wide cloth belt to add an edge to your look. If you’re curvy, the butterfly saree draping style would be an amazing pick.
- For saree styles for farewell, the indo-western saree can be a pretty choice.
- Please remember that the length of pleats makes a lot of difference to this style, so make sure they are broad and box-like.
- But as time passed, it became popular among the other people too.
- We recommend pinning it right at the back of your shoulder.
Traditionally, all sarees used to be worn with ready-made, standard sized, cotton petticoats that came with a drawstring. One would choose a petticoat that matched the base colour of the saree it was to be worn with and there wasn’t much more to it. Today, petticoats are available in a variety of fabrics, patterns and styles and can even be made to order to fit your body type.
Cargo Pants Outfit Ideas: How to Style Cargo Pants for Different Occasions
In this also the pin will prove to be very helpful for you. You have to set the pallu plates of the saree well first and then put a pin in it. Put this pin where you are going to put the pin by placing the pallu on the shoulder. Doing this will also help you get an idea of how big you want the pallu to be. Now if you choose the right safety pin and pin-up the saree properly, then your saree will fit well and the saree will not be spoiled. For this, you need to know where the pin should be placed in the saree.
There are many who are not in the habit of draping a saree. For them pairing them with tricky blouse can turn out to be more stressful. To ease things down, such ladies can use a couple of tricks.
A 101 on how to style your sari
Now take the open edge of the saree; the pallu section and make thin pleats of the width of the border. As mentioned earlier, Bengali saree has two pallus; one on each shoulder. So, to start with, hold the pallu section of your saree and start making thin pleats. The size of the pleats should be about the size of the border.
- In fact, you can pick up a different style for various occasions – be it a wedding, kitty party, or social gatherings.
- Start from the non-pallu end of the saree and tuck the top edge on the right side of your petticoat or a saree shaper.
- Make sure you pick the appropriate fabric if you want to appear poised and sophisticated.
- Lack of accessories and styling ideas to look professional in a saree.
- And, to give this ethnic look an edge, you can accessorise it with a belt.
- Choose from these 10 styles of wearing a saree and look your elegant best.
Now bring the open drape across your back to your front from the right side, without tucking this time. For floating look, bring the pallu towards the left side of your shoulder from under the right arm. If there is one couture that every Indian woman loves to wear, it has to be a saree! Available in more than a dozen styles, this traditional ensemble is being donned for centuries in our country. However, with passing time, we witnessed various style enhancement. Primarily clean and neatly organized hair is the symbol of a corporate woman.
A Saree with a Jacket
You all will agree with me that there is something special about silk sarees. But to pull it off with an arresting look is bit tricky. It is very important to drape it properly because of it’s smooth texture. So in this video/post I am sharing step by step tutorial to drape silk saree perfectly. For the love of Handloom sarees and minimalistic style, this is the drape to try. Try this offbeat look by wearing a cotton saree that looks dressy, elegant, and contemporary.
- As you place the pleats, make sure at least one-metre length falls from your shoulder point.
- Cinching your sari with a logo buckle belt or an obi belt is a fail-safe approach.
- The fish cut style saree is distinctive majorly because of its petticoat.
You can either go with a stick-on bra or a strapless bra. Both of these are great to sport dresses that are backless, strapless, off-shoulder etc. We recommend pinning it right at the back of your shoulder.
The Saree Etiquette for the Corporate Woman
Put on your shoes before you drape your saree, to ensure that it is of the proper length. Majority of the ladies prefer to wear high heels, so get them ready in advance.
What are the elements of a saree?
A: Sari, B: Petticoat, C and D: Bodice back and front, p: inner layer of the sari, q: lower centre-front pleats, r: front and rear cover, s: pleats of the pallu on the upper body, t: a strip of underlining. Women across South Asia wear the sari.
The length of the saree will rely on the height of your heels. You can make the pallu of the saree even before draping the saree.
Ready to Ship
Venture into street style by pairing your saree with a rugged pair of denim. Slip into your go-to denim shirt with a rather traditional saree and accessorize. The denim trend train doesn’t stop here, you can pair your saree with everything denim- skirts, shorts, you name it! Just dip your toe to test the waters by layering a denim jacket over your saree to complete the look. This style looks iconic with trending saree designs like a printed saree or a plain saree with an embroidered pallu. This sophisticated look is ideal for work wear and family functions.
But this versatile attire lets you add your personal touch to it as well. Off-late, many innovative saree draping styles are coming into focus. That’s because the need to reinvent the saree has always been on the mind of fashionistas. For saree styles for farewell, the indo-western saree can be a pretty choice. Check out the above video to learn how to wear saree in modern style. We at Bewakoof believe that sarees are trendy, gorgeous and modern and can be worn on both casual and formal occasions.