Depression is a disease that affects about 350 million people worldwide. It can destroy families and careers. Because it is a chronic and recurrent psychiatric illness, it is not always the case that the person who presents with depression realizes that he or she has the disease. Here we’ll let you know how to treat depression naturally.
What Are The Causes Of Depression?
Women are the most vulnerable to depression because they have a large hormonal oscillation. Factors such as physical and psychological stress, use of licit and illicit drugs, systemic diseases, use of certain drugs and even trauma may help in the development of the disease, but genetics can also be a contributing factor.
What Are The Symptoms?
Not only is the depressed state one of the symptoms of depression, but signs such as weight loss, difficulty concentrating, sleep disturbance, suicidal ideation, decreased sexual performance, feelings of fear, pain, and others also make up the list of symptoms of depression.
If you identify some of these symptoms, especially the first two, you may be suffering from depression.
- You feel useless and hopeless.
- You lose interest in friends, activities, and things you enjoy.
- You feel tired all the time.
- You lose sleep and lose your appetite.
- You can not concentrate or find that the tasks you did became difficult.
- You can not control your negative thoughts even by trying.
- You become sensitive, grumpy, or aggressive than usual.
- You consume higher alcohol than usual or engage in other reckless behaviors.
Is There A Treatment?
Medical treatment is necessary for the treatment of depression. The person may react well to psychological treatment if the condition is mild, but if the disease is in a severe stage, it will be necessary to use antidepressants. Medications may have some side effects, and in some cases, they should be used for the rest of their lives to prevent recurrence of the disease, but they do not cause addiction.
Although depression is a severe illness and needs to treat as soon as possible, it takes your will to fight it because it is an internal struggle.
To Treat Depression Naturally
Home Remedies For Depression
In addition to sweetening your life, honey is an excellent way to combat depression. In addition to regulating blood glucose levels, which help to maintain the metabolic functions of the brain, it stimulates the serotonin, a hormone responsible for the sensation of pleasure and well being.
You can taste honey in several ways:
- You can combine honey with fruits such as strawberries or bananas.
- You can use it as an extra ingredient for your favorite tea.
- Take a blend of honey with some lemon.
There are several possibilities, but always remember to eat at least one tablespoon of honey a day.
2. St John’s Wort Tea
St John’s wort is a flower with strong soothing effects and is excellent for reducing stress levels, anxiety, and diseases in other systems of the body that arise from emotional problems such as asthma, hemorrhoids, and gout.
A good St. John’s wort tea per day can help you cheer up your mood and face depression much more quickly. See the recipe below.
- Two teaspoons of St. John’s wort leaves
- 500 ml of water
- Boil the water and add the St. John’s wort leaves.
- Turn off the cooker, cover, and leave the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Coe and drink twice a day, always after meals.
3. Rosemary Tea
Rosemary circulates the aristocratic tables for centuries, and its tea is much appreciated by those who suffer from depression, and also from anxieties, hair problems, and even diabetes since it regulates sugar levels. Rosemary has calming effects, which can even use as a seasoning.
To make the rosemary tea, follow the following recipe.
- A teaspoon of dry rosemary leaves
- 1 cup of water
- Boil the water, and pour still hot in a container with the leaves of Rosemary.
- Cover the container for about 5 minutes.
- Drink three times a day, always after meals.
Nuts are part of the group of oil seeds. Foods that include nuts and almonds are valuable sources of selenium, a mineral that fights stress directly. It is one of the causes of depression. Although nut consumption should be moderate as it has a significant amount of calories, you can turn it into an excellent home remedy against depression for your mornings.
A Brazil nut is enough for breakfast to have a good source of selenium. And stick to just one, as their over consumption can lead to dizziness, headaches, and hair loss.
5. Orange and Apple
Fruits, in general, offer an active role in the fight against depression. And two that stand out for having similar characteristics, and different applications, are the Orange and the Apple. Both are sources of Vitamin C and Folic Acid, nutrients that help, among other things, decrease stress levels, relieve the body, and promote overall well-being. While orange has more Vitamin C, Apple is an excellent source of Folic Acid.
Orange juice in the morning or afternoon offers the Vitamin C you need to deal with depression. The apple after lunch is also a high request. And you know the honey suggested above? It can combine with it without significant problems.
6. Milk and Yogurt
Calcium is another beneficial mineral in the fight against depression. Acting not only on bone reinforcement, but it also helps in controlling brain functions related to nerve impulses, especially those responsible for nervousness and constant irritations.
Milk and yogurt are two of the great sources of calcium to deal with depression. Ranging between 2 and three servings daily of one or both foods, you will have a much calmer life.
7. Spinach and Watercress Juice
It can be considered a Smoothie. The so-called vitamins that mix various fruits and vegetables improve the overall health of its users. Of course, the nutrients present in watercress, spinach, and orange are geared, especially for cases of depression and anxiety attacks.
- 100 g Spinach
- 100 g of Watercress
- 200 ml Orange Juice
- Chop the spinach and watercress well, beat the three ingredients in the blender.
- For ten days, drink the mixture fasting. After the period, you can repeat the process every three months, and you will feel the difference in your body about depression.
8. Banana and Oat Juice
One of the simplest ways to end depression is by consuming food with tryptophan, a substance that encourages the production of the serotonin. Banana is one such source, and you can further increase it with other suppliers of this nutrient with the following home remedy.
- 100 ml of milk
- 1 Banana
- One tablespoon oatmeal soup
- Chop the banana without peeling and beat all the ingredients in the blender.
- Drink fast every day until you feel more motivated throughout the day.
9. Green Banana
The green banana is often seen as a sign that it should not be consumed yet since it is not ripe enough. But you can make good use of it mainly to deal with depression.
To use green banana, follow the steps below.
- 5 Green Bananas
- 2 Liters of Water
- Chop the bananas still in shell and place in a pressure cooker along with the water.
- Let it boil for about 8 minutes, or until the bananas are very tender.
- Remove the peel and beat in the blender until a very homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Separate one form of ice and fill with bananas.
- Let freeze. To combat depression, use two cubes per day of bananas in recipes like soups, sauces, or even bread fillings.
10. Fruits with Flaxseed
One of the most inventive ways to end depression is through creativity. Or rather, your stimulus. And since we need to provide nutrients that increase the production of the pleasure hormone, serotonin, there is nothing more pleasurable than putting your head to work without fears. In this remedy prescription, you can do what we will call free medicine. Check out the recipe below.
- Two tablespoons Flaxseed
- 2 or 3 Fruits of your choice
- Leave the flaxseed in a bowl of water for about 12 hours.
- In this way, it will be better to utilize as a vitamin.
- Chop the selected fruits, add the flaxseed, and whisk in the blender.
- Drink 2 to 3 times a day.
10 Tips To Treat Depression Naturally
Feeling depressed makes you feel miserable. But you are not! In addition to therapies and medications, you can help to combat depression yourself and get motivated. First, try to change your behavior by starting with your physical activities, lifestyle, and way of thinking.
1. Create A Routine
If you are depressed, you need to create a routine. Create routine scheduling your activities.
2. Create Goals
When you are depressed, you begin to feel that you are unable to do anything. To combat this problem, create daily goals to meet.
3. Do Physical Activities
This type of activity increases endorphin in the brain, which helps in long-term depression. Daily physical activities encourage the brain to think positively.
4. Have A Healthy Diet
No magic diet will fix depression, but eating healthy will make you feel better. There is evidence that omega-3 and folic acid can help to get out of depression.
5. Get Enough Sleep
Depression makes it difficult to sleep, which makes the situation worse. Change your lifestyle by not napping during the day and removing the TV and computer from the bedroom.
6. Take Responsibility
When you are depressed, you tend to abandon your responsibilities at home and work. But do not do it! You need to get even more involved in your responsibilities to give you a satisfying feel at work and home.
7. Challenge Your Negative Thoughts
Fighting depression requires mental health. Changing the way you think can help you get out of pessimism.
8. Find A Doctor To Recommend Supplements
There are effective supplements to combat depression such as fish oil, folic acid and Adenosyl Methionine.
9. Do Something New
When you are depressed, the tendency is to feel useless. Motivate yourself to do something different. Go to a park and read a book. Take a dance class or help volunteer work.
10. Try To Have Fun
If you are depressed, always make time to have fun. Watch a comedy movie, meet your friends, play a ball or have something delicious.