Skin tag, scientifically called acrochordon, are non-cancerous growths of soft skin that appear distorted in shape. These are the result of the skin rubbing against the skin. Men and women have the same opportunities to have growths. Although skin tags can appear on anywhere on the body, they are more common on the neck, eyelids, arms, armpits and lower chest. Since skin tags affect people, there has been a growing concern about how to remove skin tags in various online forums. Removal of the skin tags can do at home with different skin remedies or a doctor’s office with scissors.
1. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties, which are vital when it comes to removing skin tags. In its operation, the tea tree oil dries the tags on the skin thoroughly. Over time, the skin tags fall off.
- To remove skin tags without pain, first, wash the area with soap and water and dry thoroughly.
- Moisten a clean cotton swab in water and then apply over three drops of tea tree oil to it.
- Use the pad to rub on the skin tags and around the skin three times a day.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
It is a beautiful skin tag removing home remedy.
- After cleaning and drying the affected area, soak a cotton ball in two tablespoons of vinegar.
- Next, massage the skin tags while you tamp down the tampon to ensure the skin saturated with vinegar.
- Repeat three times a day.
- It can dilute with a small amount of water before application to minimize the itching sensation associated with cider vinegar.
3. Castor Oil
Castor oil is an effective remedy to remove skin tags in a couple of weeks. The oil can use in pure form or combination with other ingredients such as baking soda for faster results.
- In its pure form or mixture with other ingredients, apply the castor oil to skin tags more than five times per day.
4. Oregano Oil
This oil contains antibacterial, antispasmodic, antioxidant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory properties, which are essential in the treatment of skin tags.
- Mix about six drops of coconut oil with about three drops of oregano oil and apply the solution directly on the skin tags.
- Dry the oil on skin tags and wash it.
- A carrier oil can also use to dilute the oregano oil.
5. Lemon Juice
It is another excellent home remedy regarding the removal of tags on the skin. The citric acid in the lemon juice breaks the cells of the skin tags and destroy them.
- Immerse a cotton swab in the lemon juice and apply it on the skin tags and let it dry.
- Apply this two to three times a day.
With the application of lemon juice, you will see the skin tags peel off in two to four weeks. However, lemon juice should not expose to sunlight after application.
6. Pineapple Juice
To remedy this, you will need fresh pineapple juice for each application.
- Make the pineapple juice and apply the juice on the skin tags using a cotton ball.
- It should repeat twice a day for several weeks.
Garlic can use as a remedy for skin tags due to its beneficial properties, including antifungal, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
- To apply garlic to the skin tags, crush about three cloves of garlic until you get a paste.
- Apply this paste to the skin tags every night before going to sleep, and keep in place with a bandage.
- The dough should wash in the morning.
8. Cauliflower Juice
For years, cauliflower was used to get rid of the ugly label of the skin and make the skin smooth.
- Cut a potato into pieces, mix it with the cauliflower and water and mix until you get a paste.
- Apply a small amount of paste on the skin tags every night before going to sleep, secure in place with a bandage.
- Wash the dough in the morning.
9. Dandelion Root Juice
Before each application of the dandelion root juice, you should make sure that you clean the area and dry thoroughly.
- Take a dandelion stem and press to extract the juice.
- Apply the juice to clean, label the skin dry and secure in place with a Band-Aid.
- Repeat this to four times per day.
Over time, the skin tags will dry and fall. However, the remedy should not use by people who are allergic to marigolds, daisies, chrysanthemums, and ambrosia.