The legs are usually one of the most visible parts of the body and the protagonists of outdoor adventures. Any scratch or fall can leave a mark that with exposure to the sun usually becomes a stain. Here is how to remove dark spots on legs. Read on!
Surgery, injury, stinging, or scratching may involve a long-term scar. In some cases, you can eliminate stains and scars from the legs entirely and in others, reduce or attenuate them. Many products promise magical results, but we recommend that you first try these natural recipes that will bring you multiple benefits.
Causes Of Dark Spots On Legs
1. Hormonal Change Or Allergies
A large number of the dark spots that appear on our skin caused by the random distribution of melanin, the pigment which is responsible for the coloration. It can be caused mainly by hormonal changes in our body. Pregnant women, for example, are exposed continuously to hormonal turbulence that can influence the production of melanin. The lack of pigment may also be related to the use of specific medications (such as antihistamines and some antibiotics), or even beauty products that cause allergy in certain people.
2. Exposure To Ultraviolet Rays
Continued exposure to ultraviolet rays contributes dangerously to the appearance of dark spots on our skin. Usually, the spots originate in the leg, the region most exposed to excessive sunbathing. Solar radiation on the skin has a cumulative effect. It means that the damage caused by the stains can manifest itself a long time later. The main recommendations are the constant use of the sunscreen, preferably 30 minutes before sunbathing. Another measure is to avoid the hours of higher incidence of solar radiation, especially ultraviolet B rays, which have higher intensity from 10h to 16h.
3. Irritation Or Hyperpigmentation
The region surrounding the thigh and groin suffers more friction than the other parts of the leg, which can lead to blemishes. Generally, they are caused by irritation or hyperpigmentation. The thick, dark layer of the spot may be the effect of depilation with blades or even being from rashes caused by friction between the thighs. Despite the discomfort, this type of blemish tends to be easier to treat. Creams and moisturizers help. The ideal is to try to wear lighter clothes and less glued to the body, preferably those made with 100% cotton. For women, prefer waxing or laser hair removal if your skin does not adapt to waxing.
4. Leg Ulcer
The so-called leg ulcers usually located in the ankles or lower part of the legs and feet. They are caused by venous, neurovascular, or arterial diseases, such as varicose veins, high blood pressure, and diabetes. Most cases begin with a swelling in the leg followed by dark spots. Little by little, the elasticity of the skin will lose strength and become more rigid until the formation of ulcers. In addition to the spots, it is common to feel tired, itchy in the inflamed areas and heavy leg sensation. In this case, it is necessary to seek a doctor who makes the diagnosis by clinical examination.
How To Remove Dark Spots On Legs
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has been treating many diseases over the years and can also help with dark spots on legs. Mix apple cider vinegar with the juice of an onion and apply the dark spots on your skin.
- To make the mixture, beat the onion in the blender.
- Squeeze the juice and mix to the same amount of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply with a cotton ball on the affected area.
- You can take a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with water twice a day.
- Drink the blend to mitigate age spots or sun exposure and gain additional energy.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda is the bleach par excellence because it exfoliates the skin, being of help to eliminate stains or other imperfections of the dermis.
- Mix a little bit of baking soda with water to spread it in the area where you want to apply it.
- After leaving for ten minutes, rinse thoroughly with plenty of water.
3. Baking Soda And Lemon Scrub
To maintain bright legs, and without impurities, you must exfoliate the area 1 time a week. We recommend this natural mixture to reduce dark spots.
- Add two tbsp of baking soda in a bowl, and the juice of a lemon.
- Once form a paste, rub all your legs, allowing it to act for 15 minutes.
- Finally, wash with cold water.
It is essential that if you are going to expose your legs to the sun, use sunscreen to avoid whitish spots.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera can help to minimize dark spots on the legs. Apply aloe vera a few times a day on the spots. When applying regularly, the spots should be toned down, and your skin will start to get softer and healthier. Also, look for aloe vera in the form of juice to drink.
- Apply aloe vera gel every night on the scar if you want to eliminate, and you will see that it will soften and shrink.
5. Aloe Vera And Honey Lotion
This natural lotion will be your friend when treating the spots on the legs. In a few days, they will clear due to its healing and regenerative properties.
- Liquefy five crystals of aloe vera, with three tablespoons of pure honey.
- Keep this mixture in a closed container, and put it in your refrigerator.
- Apply every night on your legs, for a month.
This home remedy will also moisturize and rejuvenate the affected skin.
6. Lemon Juice
Using lemon juice a few times a day on the stains can also help to alleviate them.
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon and apply it with cotton on the stain or scar.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- It is advisable to do this treatment at night since you should not expose to the sun.
7. Almond Oil
Almond oil is another of the best options to remove leg stains. Being an excellent exfoliant, but also antioxidant, which helps the dermis to remain in perfect condition and regenerate.
- Its application is simple. You have to put it directly on the spot.
- If you use almond oil for after the bath, you do not need to rinse with water.
8. Chamomile Infusion
Chamomile flowers are ideal for removing spots or scars from the legs.
- Prepare a chamomile infusion with a liter of water and several chamomile flowers.
- Once the preparation is cold, apply it with a gauze or cotton over the scar.
When talking about how to remove stains from the legs quickly, we can not forget about another whitening product. It is yogurt. To benefit from its whitening effect, you have to use natural yogurt, without added sugars and without skimming. The application is easy.
- Put some yogurt in the area, wait 20 minutes, and clean the area with water.
10. Yogurt And Tomato
The properties of tomato and yogurt will quickly remove stains on your skin.
- Blend 2 ripe tomatoes with a cup of plain yogurt.
- In the end, spread all over your legs, leaving to act for 20 minutes.
- Remove with warm water.
- Repeat the process two times a week.
11. Cocoa Butter
In addition to moisturizing the skin, this natural product will help you to remove stains and scars from the legs. Apply it several times a week and adopt it as a natural moisturizer.
Papaya is very beneficial for the skin since it helps its renewal through the exfoliation to remove the dead cells, which are often the ones that cause the spots to appear.
- Pick papaya and crush it. Put this paste on the stain.
- After 20 minutes, wash the area well with water.
13. Turmeric And Potato Water
The two ingredients of this home remedy are totally natural and very effective. Its anti-inflammatory and astringent properties will gradually eliminate stains.
- Liquefy two peeled potatoes, with three tablespoons of turmeric powder.
- Apply the paste on your legs, leaving it there, for 30 minutes.
- Then take a shower, and moisturize your skin with the cream you usually use.
- Repeat this three times a week for a month.
14. Honey And Sugar
- Mix one tablespoon of sugar and one of honey and use the preparation to perform soft and circular massages on the area of the spots or scar.
- Then rinse.
Tips To Remove Dark Spots On Legs
- Eat a diet rich in organic foods.
- Exfoliate your skin two times a week using natural products, such as sugar, salt, coffee, ground rice, among others.
- After shaving, apply calendula lotion, or chamomile water to refresh your skin.
- Apply sunscreen, when you expose your skin to sunlight.
- When you have some trauma, lean towards the use of aloe vera, it will quickly regenerate your skin, leaving no spots or scars.
- Do not smoke. In the long run, you will stain your skin.
- If your spots are large and dark, you can apply laser therapy to diminish its appearance.
- If the lesions do not disappear in a month, visit your doctor to recommend more aggressive treatment.