Here, you will learn how to remove dark circles naturally and those terrible bags that lodge underneath and around the eyes in a fast, practical and natural way.
First, it is essential to know that these are two very different problems from one another.
Causes Of Dark Circles And Bags Around Eyes
The bags around the eyes are the result of the accumulation of fluid – edema – or fat in the area. Dark circles can be caused by an increase in pigmentation on the spot. The appearance is very different.
The leading causes of eye bags and dark circles are:
- Lack of sleep
- Fluid retention
- Certain diseases (especially those of the kidneys)
- Genetic factors
- Excess alcohol and cigarette
How To Remove Dark Circles Naturally At Home
Learn how to remove dark circles and eye bags.
1. Lemon For Dark Circles
Lemon juice is useful both to lighten dark circles and to reduce the inflammation of the bags under the eyes.
- Apply directly, alone or diluted in a little pure water.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and then wash thoroughly.
- Avoid exposure to the sun or any other intense light.
2. Cold Milk For Dark Circles
Another way to eliminate dark circles is by soaking two pieces of cotton in cold milk and placing them over each eye.
After application, put a veil over your eyes and wait 20 minutes.
3. Green Tea For Dark Circles
- After preparing the green tea, put in the refrigerator and leave it until it is cold.
- Apply it in the eye bags for 20 minutes daily, until their appearance improves.
4. Turmeric For Dark Circles
- To lighten the dark circles, prepare a paste with turmeric powder and water.
- Apply in the dark circles and leave for ten minutes.
5. Potatoes For Dark Circles
- Put a slice of potato on eyes, or grate a potato, extract the juice and apply it with a cotton ball, letting act for 15 minutes.
- This alternative is much more effective.
Read Also: How To Remove Dark Circles Using Baking Soda
6. Rose Water For Dark Circles
- Apply rose water on the dark circles with a cotton ball.
- Leave on for 15 minutes.
7. Cucumber For Dark Circles
- You have to cut two thick slices of cucumber.
- Take them to the refrigerator for ten minutes and then put them in your eyes for another ten.
8. Tomato For Dark Circles
- Tomato juice is also ideal for lightening dark circles.
- Apply on eye bags and leave for several minutes.
9. Almond Oil For Dark Circles
- Apply almond oil to your dark circles before going to sleep, gently rubbing your eyelids.
10. Chamomile Tea For Dark Circles
- Prepare a chamomile infusion, soak a cotton ball, and apply it to the pouches so that they drain in the blink of an eye.
Read Also: How To Use Chamomile To Remove Dark Circles
11. Mint Leaves For Dark Circles
- Crush few mint leaves and place them in the eye bags.
- Let it act for ten minutes.
12. Ice For Dark Circles
- Put it under your eyes and let it act to remove the eye bags.
13. Apple For Dark Circles
- To fight eye bags, apply one tablespoon of apple puree (the grated fruit) in each eye.
- Cover your eyes with a bandage to keep the puree from falling.
- Let this apple mask act for 20 minutes before bedtime.
- You can also put two slices of apple directly over your eyes, although the effect is not as powerful as that of the puree.
How To Avoid Dark Circles
- The first thing we should do is change some habits.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and sodium-rich foods before bed.
- In the morning, include bananas for breakfast.
- Potassium helps to eliminate fluid retention in the body.
- Teas and juices with diuretic effects are also excellent options against body swelling (e.g., mackerel, dandelion, watermelon, pineapple, melon, pear).
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
Image Source: 1