Heartburn is a painful condition that can get worse when you crouch or lie down. Fortunately, some home remedies can relieve heartburn. These resources focus on modifying your diet to prevent heartburn and to relieve existing pain.
How to Prevention heartburn
- Eat less and more often.
Your stomach produces large amounts of digestive juices that can escape into the esophagus. So try to eat five small meals a day instead of three large meals.
- Eat only lean cuts of meat and chew each bite entirely before swallowing it. So your stomach does not have to produce more acids to digest the food particles.
- Add celery, cumin, fennel, carrots, salads, and fruits to your diet.
Try herbal infusions. Make cinnamon tea or crushed caraway seed tea and enjoy a cup during and after a meal. Both herbs neutralize acids.
Remedies to cure heartburn
- If you have heartburn, pour a tablespoon of baking soda into a glass of water and drink. The primary property of baking soda neutralizes the acidity in the stomach, relieving discomfort. Do not use this remedy frequently if you are on a low sodium diet.
- Eating yogurt that can also relieve the stomach and reduce irritation caused by heartburn.
- Drink fennel or chamomile tea to relieve heartburn. You can add peppermint oil to tea to improve its flavor.
- Cooked or raw ginger is also a home remedy for heartburn.
Image Source: 1