Sudden stomach pain may cause you to stop all activities or delay your schedule because it is impossible to focus on work. Is there any way how to get rid of stomach pain that helps to relieve the discomfort you can make before going to the doctor?
When eating slightly oily foods or a body lacking in fiber, you may have flatulence or indigestion. At this time, the stomach pain will pull you to stop all daily activities. Let’s find how to get rid of stomach pain quickly so you can repel this discomfort and get back to your daily work.
How To Get Rid Of Stomach Pain Naturally
1. How To Get Rid Of Stomach Pain With Heat
You can apply hot compresses to relieve stomach pain caused by irritable bowel syndrome.
- Buy a hot pack or pour hot water into a glass bottle and then roll the bottle into a towel to apply.
- Whatever method of heating, you should be careful not to let hot water come into direct contact with the skin to avoid burns.
- If you have stomach pain due to constipation, take a warm bath with Epsom salt. It is also an effective way to relieve stomach pain.
2. How To Get Rid Of Stomach Pain With Baking Soda
Baking soda contains sodium bicarbonate capable of treating acid reflux. It helps to neutralize stomach acid and reduces heartburn symptoms.
- Dissolve 1 g of baking soda in a glass of water and drink.
- If you have to take medicine, wait at least 2 hours before or after taking a new pill of baking soda.
- Baking soda can slow the body’s absorption rate and alter its function.
3. Raise Your Head To Get Rid Of Stomach Pain
The upright position in the bed is not good when you have a stomach ache because, in this position, your throat and stomach are about equal, so stomach acid can easily reflux and cause heartburn.
- The most appropriate posture is the upper part of the body is higher than the lower part.
- Please put pillows about 15 – 20 cm below the head when sleeping so that the head is always higher than the the body.
4. Eat Easily Digested Foods To Get Rid Of Stomach Pain
If you experience severe symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and indigestion, change your diet slightly. Easy-to-digest foods like bananas, apples, rice, and bread are very suitable in this case.
You should supplement high-fiber foods because it helps the digestive system work more smoothly, thereby preventing constipation. The sources of fiber you can supplement are fruits, vegetables, whole grain bread, berries, and beans.
Don’t forget to add water to your body by drinking water, juice, tea or soup. Filtered water is also a simple way to soothe the digestive system.
5. Add Probiotics And Prebiotics To Get Rid Of Stomach Pain
Probiotic is the beneficial bacteria in the intestines, essential for the digestive system and helps to reduce symptoms such as abdominal pain, flatulence, and diarrhea. These bacteria take nutrients from prebiotic.
You can ask your doctor to prescribe probiotic supplements or eat lots of fermented foods like yogurt. If you want a prebiotic supplement, eat lots of vegetables.
6. How To Get Rid Of Stomach Pain With Herbal Teas
Some herbal teas are good for the digestive system and are an excellent way to get rid of stomach pain. You can fix tea with the following herbs.
Chamomile, Peppermint, Ginger, And Chrysanthemum Tea:
These herbs are quite natural to find but soothe the stomach pain very well. Peppermint can relieve nausea and relieve pain. Chrysanthemum stimulates bile secretion, and ginger stimulates the production of saliva to digest food. Chamomile works to relieve muscle contractions. All four of these herbs, when combined, will help to relieve colic.
Chrysanthemum and Dried Ginger Tea:
Chrysanthemum is good for health and is thought to have the same effect as ibuprofen or aspirin. This herb helps to reduce diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome and abdominal pain. Ginger can reduce nausea, increase absorption of nutrients and release digestive enzymes.
A study of 1,278 pregnant women showed that ginger significantly reduced nausea and vomiting. You only need to hold the tea for 10 minutes to have a drink that is both fragrant and good for the digestive system.
A cup of hot tea or some vegetables in a meal is the way to get rid of stomach pain that you can do at home. To prevent back pain, you should pay attention to taking care of your digestive system and seek medical attention if the condition persists.
Image Source: 1