The double chin is the accumulation of fat between the chin and the neck, which increases with time due to the decrease in elasticity of the skin and the musculature of the area. It is, therefore, a condition that can avoid an adequate diet and exercise, although it is quite frequent as of mature age. Here, we’ll tell you how to get rid of double chin naturally.
However, the double chin is not something that should reach a prominent appearance in our face under normal conditions, so we must pay attention to the reasons for its appearance. It can indicate metabolic imbalances or other diseases.
For this reason, if you notice that the appearance of the double chin responds to external or sudden causes, go to your trusted doctor. There is no one better to offer you a professional diagnosis and personalized treatment.
Causes Of Double Chin
And, knowing the causes of the problem can be a fantastic way to try to prevent it. Let’s see what the causes of the double chin and why it appears:
- Genetic predisposition
- Accumulation of fat
- Diet nutritionally poor
- Lack of hydration
- Prolonged exposure to the sun
- Wrong postures when sleeping
- Fast weight loss
How To Get Rid Of Double Chin Naturally
Massages To Getting Rid Of Double Chin
Massage therapy is a method used for centuries to improve a wide variety of conditions, including chronic pain, increase the activity of the immune system, reduce stress, anxiety, and depression and even increase the growth of tissues.
Its effect is based on the fact that the pressure exerted on the skin and muscle during massage favors the dilation of the lymphatic vessels and improves venous drainage, thereby increasing the circulating blood volume. In this way, it causes better nutrition of the tissues, which translates into a firm and healthy skin.
Make movements with your fingers in the chin area in a circular and deep, that go from the chin to the neck. You can use some oil or cream to achieve a better result.
1. Massage With Wheat Germ Oil
Another proven method to lose the double chin is by having a massage of wheat germ oil. The method helps to harden the skin under the chin and tone the muscles and eliminate unwanted fat.
How To Use:
- Massaging the chin and neck area with this oil in the upward direction for about 10-15 minutes before going to bed can help people suffering from this condition to get the desired results.
- It is also advisable to leave the oil overnight and wash it in the morning to obtain excellent results.
2. Massage With Rosehip Oil
The rosehip has a significant amount of Vitamin C in its essential oils, which acts as an antioxidant that serves to improve stretch marks, to heal scars of another type, and also to contribute to the firmness of the skin.
Therefore, it is advisable to include rosehip oil in a daily massage in your facial care routine, preferably before going to bed to get rid of the double chin.
How To Use:
- Take a little rosehip oil with your fingers, warm it by rubbing your hands together, and massage the chin area.
- The best way to give the massage is following the opposite direction to the skin, dragging from the sternum to the chin, with ascending circular movements.
- It will also improve the circulation of the area.
3. Massage With Cocoa Butter
Massaging the neck with cocoa butter can also help to reduce unwanted fat under the chin. Such massages help to maintain healthy neck skin by increasing blood flow to the region. It also improves the elasticity of the skin and therefore reduces the sagging caused by the development of the double chin.
4. Massage With Coffee And Honey
To recover the original smoothness of the skin and eliminate the double chin, a widely used remedy is the use of a natural cream based on honey and coffee.
The honey is a product moisturizing. Also, due to its pH and strong osmotic power, can improve the primary conditions of the skin.
Coffee has a high content of phenolic acids, especially chlorogenic acids, which have high antioxidant power and are capable of stimulating the softness and resistance of the skin. In this way, it contributes to the reduction of the double chin, especially in cases in which it is incipient.
How To Use:
- Prepare the infusion of coffee first, with a coffee pot.
- Once you have the coffee infusion, you must mix two parts of honey for each part of coffee, until it reaches a practically watery consistency.
- Apply this ointment using a natural hair brush or your fingers, following circular and ascending movements towards the jaw.
Homemade Masks To Getting Rid Of Double Chin
1. Oatmeal Mask
Oatmeal is a product used to eliminate the double chin. It has vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6 YE, minerals like potassium, iron calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and proteins. Levels the PH of the skin and moisturizes it providing fatty acids ideal for neck and chin area helps to avoid sagging.
How To Use:
- Mix half a cup of oatmeal, half a glass of milk and a teaspoon of rose oil, until you get a homogeneous paste.
- Apply it well on the neck and chin. After 20 minutes wash with water.
2. Egg White Mask
The application of a facial mask made of egg whites is an effective way to eliminate the double chin naturally.
How To Use:
- Mix two egg whites with a spoonful of milk, lemon juice and honey and a teaspoon of peppermint oil.
- Apply the mask to the chin and neck areas and left to dry for 30 minutes before washing it with water.
- Then dry area with a soft towel.
3. Aloe Vera Mask
The aloe vera contains enzymes, minerals, vitamins, amino acids, and phytonutrients that help the skin as it oxygenates the cells, regenerates the tissues, and increases their elasticity. It is moisturizing and fights neck wrinkles.
How To Use:
- Remove the pulp from an aloe vera stalk.
- Apply directly to the neck and chin.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and take it out.
4. Cucumber And Clay Mask
The composition of this vegetable is 97% water, in addition to natural oils that help to reduce the chin. Minerals and vitamins A, C, and E, give antioxidant properties, moisturizes the skin, slows aging. It can use in masks or slices placed over the eyes.
How To Use:
- Mix the clay powder with the fresh cucumber juice (without the skin, but do not discard it) in the blender, and this should be without lumps like a cream.
- Apply it on the neck, chin, and cheeks.
- Slides through these areas approximately half a centimeter thick.
- Let it dry for half an hour, without speaking or gesturing.
- Then remove it with warm water, immediately apply cold water at the end to close the pores.
- Once dry, place the cucumber shells on the skin of the neck, to complement the toning and hydration.
5. Clay And Yogurt Mask
This mask of clay and yogurt contributes to the improvement of the skin through the system of elimination of toxins. Although you can prepare it for the whole face, do not forget that it is especially useful to recover some firmness in your skin.
The clay has a great variety of minerals such as sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, and lithium, which together with its slightly acidic pH, is capable of returning firmness and elasticity to your skin.
On the other hand, the lactic acid of yogurt manages to regenerate the skin.
How To Use:
- In a bowl, add a natural yogurt and two tablespoons of clay powder.
- Mix carefully so that the powder does not rise and spread.
- When ready, apply it warm directly on the skin.
- Leave the mask for a few minutes to act, before removing it with warm water.
6. Brewer’s Yeast And Yogurt Mask
Brewer’s yeast provides B vitamins such as riboflavin and thiamine that prevent wrinkling, sagging and contributes to cell regeneration of the face and is one of the remedies for the jowls. It is ingested in capsules or a refreshing drink since it provides nutrients for the skin and general care.
Natural yogurt contains calcium and proteins ideal for maintaining the dermis and hydration. It is also exfoliating, provides useful lactic acid to eliminate dead cells, and renews the skin.
How To Use:
- Mix 1 to 2 tablespoon of brewer’s yeast, yogurt, plus one teaspoon of wheat germ oil until you get a homogeneous paste.
- Apply it to your neck with gentle ascending massages.
- Let dry for 15 minutes and remove with plenty of warm water.
7. Yogurt And Honey Mask
- Mix two heaping tablespoons of yogurt and one tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of olive oil plus a capsule of vitamin E thoroughly.
- Distribute this paste with your fingers by the neck with gentle massages and let it act between 15 or 20 minutes.
- Remove with cold water.
- Repeat two or three times a week.
8. Melon And Apple Mask
Melon and apple are fruits that have vitamin A, B6, C, phosphorus, and potassium, which help to maintain cells. They also moisturize and refresh the skin. The amino acids provided by the apple help repair the tissues and have an astringent effect. These two helps to improve skin tone and eliminate jowls at a high percentage.
How To Use:
- Make a mixture with both fruits and apply it on the neck and the rest of the face.
- Leave to act 5 and 20 minutes, then remove it with warm water.
1. Sugar-free Chewing Gum
The chewing gum helps to exercise the muscles of the face and neck and toning the area to tighten the muscles. However, the sugar content of chewing gum that you have in it can be more harmful by increasing the fat accumulation. Therefore, chewing gum without sugar several times a day can become effective chin training.
2. Increase Consumption Of Vitamin E
Increasing the consumption of foods rich in vitamin E is another effective way to get rid of or dewlap. Vitamin E helps to improve the health of the skin and maintain its elasticity, which significantly reduces skin flaccidity due to the development of unwanted fat in the upper neck area.
Increasing the intake of foods such as brown rice, green leafy vegetables, dairy products, legumes, and apples, etc. can help improve levels of vitamin E with the body and ensure a firmer and less flaccid skin.
3. Beet And Carrot Juice
It is essential to take care of both outside and inside, and for this last case, an excellent ally to eliminate the double chin is this juice of beet and carrot.
A study mentions that beet can stimulate the production of the extracellular matrix, including fibronectin, an essential protein for the tonicity of the skin. Likewise, the carrot is an essential source of antioxidants and anticancer agents that help to improve the appearance and fineness of the skin.
Wash and peel the beet and carrot and add to a container. Then, pour a little water in that glass or bowl and, with the help of a blender, crush and mix the ingredients. Consume this smoothie or juice three to four times a week.
Exercises For Double Chin
1. Lift your chin and place your hand under the jaw muscles. Stretch forward and up. You can also try to open your mouth softly in this position. We will be like this for 10 seconds and then relax another 10. The ideal is to do it in blocks of 10 each day.
2. Open the mouth to the maximum and move the lower jaw in and out alternately, without disguising the tension. And repeat 10 to 12 times a day. You will notice the change.
3. Looking up at the ceiling and stretching as much as possible, purse your lips as if to kiss and hold the tension for 10 seconds. Rest 10 seconds and repeat it ten times a day.
4. Turn the head to one side and stretch the jaw forward to return to the starting position. Repeat to the other side and perform the exercise in blocks of 10, each day.
How To Prevent Double Chin
Below, we mention the main tips and keys to prevent the double chin. Better to have it well taken care of.
- Exercise regularly, including specific exercises for the neck.
- Drink water in adequate amounts.
- Follow a balanced diet that allows you to maintain a healthy weight.
- Take care of the skin of the area with sunscreen even outside the summer months.
- Perform massages when applying the moisturizer of the facial care routine.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol.
- Do not consume foods rich in refined sugars, saturated fats, and preservatives.
- Chew gum without added sugar or sweeteners.