Acne on the face and nose is bothersome and decreases self-confidence because it spoils the appearance. Moreover, acne scars that look like black stains make your face less beautiful and attractive. You don’t need to worry, in this article we will show you how to get rid of acne so that your face will look beautiful and glow again.
Causes of Acne
Before discussing how to get rid of acne, it’s good to know what causes acne problems so that it is easier to overcome and prevent them. The following are common factors for acne problems.
1. Oily Food
Eating fatty or oily foods can cause acne on the face. If you like oily food, limit the amount.
2. Gen Factor
The name of heredity is indeed difficult to avoid. Therefore acne, especially hard pimples caused by heredity, is quite challenging to prevent. If there is not one family member that is often spotty, it is less likely that acne on the face is due to genetic factors.
3. Psychological Factors
You must have often heard that stress conditions trigger acne. It is true because stress inhibits the body’s metabolic system working correctly. To avoid acne due to stress, make sure we always have time to rest between jobs and do recreation at least once a week. Recreation can do lightly, such as reading novels, watching movies, and taking a walk in the park.
4. Hormone Factors
One other factor that cannot avoid is hormonal factors. Hormones in each person vary because of their different activities and natural conditions, especially in adolescence. In puberty, adolescents will usually appear acne on the face and nose caused by hormonal changes. When acne appears to make sure to clean and treat them.
The sun’s rays that cause the skin to sweat can clog the pores of the face so that the dirt that attaches is blocked and eventually turns into acne. The best step to avoid acne due to sunlight is to reduce outdoor activity. Also, bring a clean tissue or handkerchief in a bag that can use to wipe the sweat on the face while on the outdoors.
6. Rarely Clean Your Face
Dirt that sticks to the skin causes acne, and one way to get rid of dirt is to clean your face regularly. After the activity, maybe we already feel tired, but don’t miss a face washing session before going to bed for a cleaner and brighter skin without acne.
Also, make sure you bring a facial cleanser in the bag while on the move to immediately clean your face when it feels dirty (oily and sticky). By applying this simple habit, acne will undoubtedly be challenging to come to our faces.
7. Cosmetic Products
Using cosmetic products that are not suitable can also cause acne on the skin. Not all cosmetic products on the market fit our skin type, so be careful.
You can search for reviews about the product on the internet and select products that suit your skin type. Also, avoid cosmetic products at unreasonable prices (too cheap) on the market because it could be that these cosmetic products have mixed with other dangerous chemicals. It’s better to pay a little more, right, than to make a face skin at stake.
8. Birth control pills
Birth control pills are beneficial for delaying pregnancy, but if your body is not suitable, it can cause acne. To avoid acne, make sure to clean the face regularly and drink as much water as possible. Also, consult with a health professional to get the most suitable birth control pill.
Besides that, lifestyle factors also cause acne. Make sure our faces are always cleaned with facial cleansing soap before the move or after the activity and eat foods with balanced nutrition.
How to Get Rid of Acne Naturally
After you know the causes of acne, it’s time to learn how to get rid of acne naturally. Here’s how:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid and lactic acid, which is useful for reducing redness, irritation in the skin, and cleansing acne.
- Mix 2 tbsp of ACV with enough water.
- Apply this mixture to acne using a cotton ball.
- Leave it for 10-20 minutes, rinse with warm water.
Cucumber is one of the natural ingredients that are effective for reducing acne. With the treatment of this cucumber, the reddish color due to acne will easily disappear, and the acne will also quickly collapse. Not only that, but the cucumber will also refresh the skin and brighten it well.
- First, clean the cucumbers.
- Then, slice it into small pieces and paste it into all areas of the facial skin with acne, for about 30 minutes.
- Then rinse with warm water.
- Do this treatment every day, and the acne will disappear in just a few days.
3. Egg White
Egg white turned out to also be able to remove stubborn acne on the chest while brightening the skin.
- Separate the egg yolk from the egg white, then apply egg white to the acne area.
- Let stand for about 25 minutes or until the egg white is dry, then rinse with cold water which can also continue with a bath.
4. Orange Peel
Orange peel can also use to get rid of acne.
- Soak the dried orange peel in the water for half an hour.
- Blend the wet orange peel until smooth, then add a few tablespoons of milk powder.
- Apply the mixture to the acne and let stand for about 20 minutes.
- When it’s dry, rinse the mixture with cold water.
5. Banana Peel
Banana peel contains an enzyme called lutein. Lutein is a potent antioxidant that is useful to reduce the swelling caused by acne and promote healthy skin.
- Rub the banana skin into the face, leave it for 15-30 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
6. Ice Cube
Ice cube is easy to find an active ingredient to reduce acne swelling. It is due to the nature of the ice cube, which accelerates the blood circulation when it is affixed to acne and removes oil on the face little by little.
- Take a few pieces of ice cubes from the freezer.
- Also, make sure beforehand that ice cubes made of clean water (the best is mineral water).
- Then, prepare a piece of clean cloth to cover the ice cubes and paste it into the area of the acne face.
- Stick for 10 to 20 minutes.
- This method can free your skin from acne for only 2 to 3 days.
Oatmeal can help to reduce acne because the ingredients are useful for cleaning clogged skin pores and absorbing excess oil.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey and three tablespoons of water with a cup of oatmeal.
- Apply this mixture to acne skin.
- Leave it for about 30 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Perform this treatment 1-2 weeks.
8. Papaya Leaves
Papaya leaves are rich in antioxidants and nutrients that can get rid of acne quickly. The following is a procedure for making face masks from papaya leaves.
- Take 4 to 5 papaya leaves and dry them.
- When it’s dry, crush the papaya leaves and mix with a little water until it becomes a thick paste.
- Apply to the part of the face with acne and let it sit for 10 to 30 minutes.
- For the best results, do this treatment every night before going to bed because the skin will regenerate while we are sleeping.
Lemon is rich in vitamin C, B vitamins, carbohydrates, and phosphorus, which naturally can brighten the skin and eliminate acne on the skin. Not only that, but black spots on the skin will also disappear much faster.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze it until you get pure lemon water.
- Mix lemon water with a little mineral water then dip clean cotton into the mixture.
- Paste the cotton that has been dyed into the area with acne.
- Perform this ritual for 2 or 3 times a week until the acne can disappear.
10. Noni juice
Noni has a lot of health benefits in the world of medicine, and one of them is eliminating acne. How not, this miracle fruit can clean dirty blood in the body properly.
- Prepare cooked noni, clean, then blender until it becomes juice.
- Many say that the taste of this juice is not tasty, but we can add rock sugar according to taste to improve the taste.
Drink this noni juice at least 2 to 3 times a week for the best results. If you don’t have time to process this juice, instant noni juice is available at the pharmacy that can consume directly. Eat it according to the written rules.
Tips For Preventing Acne
Preventing phrases better than treating is known to be true. Here are tips for preventing acne that is effective and easy:
1. Enough Rest
While sleeping, the body regenerates, which also makes skin cells renewed. Lack of rest can inhibit the regeneration process, and our dead skin cells don’t disappear. These dead skin cells will make acne that appears more severe.
2. Wash Pillowcases and Bed Sheets
If you rarely wash your pillowcase, germs and bacteria will come into contact with your face for about 6-8 hours every night, as long as you sleep. It can be a cause of acne. Wash pillowcases and bed sheets regularly to be clean and free of germs and bacteria.
3. Reduce Fast Foods
Fast food is confirmed to be high in fat and cholesterol. This excess fat can cause acne right a few days after eating fast food. Replace fast foods with favorite vegetables or fruits and limit their consumption to just once a month.
4. Drinking Enough Water
Water is also perfect for skin beauty. Water can have a detoxifying role where it removes toxins and impurities in the body. If only the inside of our body is clean, acne will be very unlikely to shelter the skin. Drink at least eight glasses or 2 liters of water every day.
5. Avoid Stress
Stress interferes with the body’s metabolism and raises the hormones that produce acne to be controlled and avoided. The way is not difficult. Just prepare time to do stress relievers. When you’re dizzy with work, take around 2 to 3 hours to watch your favorite series, or listen to music.
Exercise will promote blood circulation in the body, which also plays a role in preventing acne. Exercise can also relieve stress if done regularly. Start doing your favorite exercise at least 2 to 3 times a week every morning. An alternative that is quite easy to do is jogging, cycling, relaxing swimming, or even Zumba.
7. Positive Thoughts
One of the most stressful contributors is the number of negative thoughts. Forcing yourself to think more positively can prevent acne caused by stress. Also, motivate yourself every morning to get rid of excess stress.
8. Clean The Face
Remember that a clean face is a primary key to preventing acne. Make sure that we always clean the face with good facial soap every morning before the activity, midday in the middle of the activity, and the night before going to bed. With these small but useful habits, acne also won’t dare to land on your face.