Are you having unexpected hiccups when having fun chatting or working hard? To avoid unexpected troubles, you’ll know here how to cure hiccups Instantly.
Hiccups are a common manifestation, occurring due to an involuntary contraction of the diaphragm between the chest and abdomen. When the diaphragm constricted, the sound line will be closed very quickly, causing a characteristic hiccup sound. Each hiccup usually lasts only a few minutes, but can last for hours.
In general, hiccups do not cause serious harm to health. However, if the hiccups are repeating, you will feel tired and uncomfortable.
How To Cure Hiccups
You can apply a variety of simple remedies with ingredients available at home or other small tips according to the following suggestions.
1. Drink Honey Water
Honey will stimulate the vagus nerves to pass straight from the brain to the stomach. Studies have shown that doing this a few times will be useful to cure hiccups.
- Stir one teaspoon of honey into warm water and drink slowly.
Honey also works to soothe coughs and fight infections.
2. Drink Water Sips
Drinking water with a straw can help you relax nerves to deal with hiccups effectively. Also, rinsing your mouth with water can have the same effect. You can prevent hiccups after taking a few sips of water, but sometimes you need to try a few times to dispel the hiccup.
- Try taking a sip of water, lean down and swallow the mouthful of water into the upside-down throat that will increase more effectively.
3. Swallow a Spoonful of Sugar
The secret to swallowing a teaspoon of sugar is that sugar granules can cause mild irritation of the esophagus, causing the body nerves to re-establish themselves, leading to contractions of the sphincter.
- Put a spoonful of sugar into your mouth and chew slowly and swallow it.
- On the road, you can eat peanut butter to finish hiccups.
4. Hold the Ice in Your Mouth
When you have a hiccup, you should open the refrigerator and take out some small ice cubes to use for hiccups. The coldness of the stone can soothe irritated nerves and help you heal faster than usual. Also, you can ask someone to suddenly rub stone on your face as a sudden cold feeling will make it easierto stop hiccups.
- You can suck the ice in your mouth or gently rub the ice on your face.
- If the stone is too cold or too small to make it difficult for you to hold it, you can take the ice with a thin cloth and start rubbing it lightly on your face.
5. Breathe Deeply
You need to breathe deeply and hold your breath for as long as possible. Breathing is an effective way to heal. When you breathe deeply, it will stretch the diaphragm and prevent it from contracting. The contraction of the diaphragm causes you to hiccup, and when these contractions stop, the hiccup will stop automatically.
- Take a deep breath, then hold for 10 seconds.
- Continue inhaling and holding for 5 seconds without breathing out.
- For the third time, continue to inhale more and hold for 5 seconds without breathing out the old air and exhale slowly.
6. Close Your Ears
When you use two fingers to cover the ears gently, the branches of the vagus nerve also expand in the ears, and the fingers will stimulate them to stop the hiccup quickly.
- When hiccup, cover your ears and hold for 5 minutes.
- Then gently push your finger into your ear, remember to push it gently to avoid making your ears hurt and not pushing too deep that will damage your ears.
7. Stick Your Tongue All Over
The activity of sticking out the tongue stimulates the vagus nerve, dilates the sound nerves, and reduces contractions, causing hiccups. You will breathe more gently, thereby quenching the contractions that cause a sob.
- When no one around can see you, you can stick your tongue out.
- You can stick your tongue for 5 seconds and then repeat the movements about 5 – 6 times to stop the hiccups.
8. Fear Yourself
Although this may seem unbelievable, the fact that the fear reaction stimulates the nerves causes hiccups. If none of these ways can stop you from hiccup, then you can try this method because it has been confirmed by many people to be very useful.
- You can do things that you fear to do, such as turning on a horror movie and watching until the hiccups are gone.
9. Use Paper Bag to Cure Hiccups
The secret to using this paper bag can increase the amount of CO2 in the blood, creating pressure to force the diaphragm to squeeze stronger and longer to get more oxygen to the lungs. If you have a clean paper bag available, this may be the way to treat the effect you should apply.
- Grasp the top of the paper bag around your mouth, breathe deeply and slowly.
- However, be aware that you should stop as soon as you start feeling dizzy and have trouble breathing.
Go to the doctor when hiccups occur for more than 48 hours, or when hiccups affect your ability to breathe or eat. Do not underestimate hiccups because if it happens too often, this is also an expression of dangerous diseases such as gastroesophageal reflux. However, most hiccups are frequent and rarely occur so don’t worry too much!