The dirt, pollution, and many germs attack our skin, the ideal would be to visit the beauty salon every month, but that costs a lot and takes a lot of time. It is best to do the facial cleansing at home. Here we offer an excellent guide for how to clean face at home.
Things You Need Clean Face at Home
Having all the products and utensils at hand will save you time. Also, it will help you to relax and concentrate on the cleaning process.
- Facial cleanser according to your skin type
- Cleansing milk or foam
- Facial Scrub
- Facial steamer or utensil with hot water to use steam
- Facial Tonic
- A nourishing mask which is suitable for your skin type
- Cotton fabric
- Cotton balls
- Blackhead Remover
- Ice cubes
- Soft towels
How To Clean Face at Home
Step 1: Cleaning
The first step is removing dirt and makeup.
- Moisten your face with water and take a little facial cleanser.
- Frost it gently on your face, neck and behind the ears.
- Rinse with regular water.
- Dry without rubbing with a clean, soft towel.
- Then apply milk or cleansing foam over your entire face and remove it firmly with a cotton cloth.
- Doing it this way helps to unclog the pores.
Step 2: Exfoliate
After removing all the dirt, it’s time to get rid of dead skin cells that clog pores and make your face look dull and lifeless.
- Moisten your face and apply the scrub with circular movements.
- Press on your face, but do not exaggerate.
- Massage your face with a scrub for a few minutes. Do not forget the neck.
- You can also use a soft bristle facial brush.
- Rinse with warm water and dry without rubbing, with a soft towel.
- Exfoliation helps to relax your mind and prepares the skin for the next steps of facial cleansing.
Step 3: Vaporization
It’s time to vaporize your face. You can use a vaporizer or bowl with boiling water.
- Lean over a bowl and cover your head with a towel.
- Keep your face slightly away from the hot water, for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Next, take a blackhead remover and remove them.
- Wash your face with cool water or rub ice cubes to close the pores.
- Dry your face with a clean cotton cloth.
Step 4: Apply The Nourishing Mask
The mask softens and improves the texture. And this is the best part, as it provides a pleasant relaxation while nourishing your skin.
You can prepare your mask at home or use a sale in the market. Make sure it is the most suitable for your skin’s needs. If you have oily or mixed skin, use one with citrus fruits, which will help to absorb excess fat and keep pores free of obstructions.
If you have dry skin, moisturize with fruit ingredients such as banana, avocado or papaya, for better results.
- Apply the nourishing mask on your face and wait until it dries.
- It can be between 20 and 30 minutes.
- Moisten a couple of cotton balls with water and place them over your eyes, for greater relaxation.
- Rinse your face with cold water and dry gently with a clean, dry towel.
Step 5: Toning
It is time to apply a facial tonic that balances the pH of your skin and increases blood flow.
Although many women downplay the tonic’s application and concentrate on cleaning and serums, the tonic is essential to complete the cleaning and prepare the skin so that the following products are used to the maximum. One of the best and economical options is rose water. Cucumber juice is a good alternative, or a green tea tonic, which is high in antioxidants.
You can have the tonic in a spray bottle and spray on your face whenever necessary.
The facial tonics serve to close the pores, refresh the skin and keep it well hydrated. Also, it works as a firming, since when balancing your PH, it favors elasticity.
Step 6: Moisturizing
The final step of facial cleansing is the most relaxing. Apply the moisturizing product on your face and massage with gentle circular movements. Let it settle and absorb into your skin. You will notice that your face feels soft and your skin looks more luminous and fresh.
You can use cream or lotion, depending on your skin type. If you have oily or mixed skin, it is better to choose a moisturizer in lotion or gel. If you have dry skin, the best will be cream.
Some ingredients of the creams focus on moisturizing and combating free radicals, premature aging, blemishes, and other skin problems, for example:
- Hyaluronic acid
- Vitamin C
Tips On How To Clean Face At Home
- Perform facial cleansing at night before going to bed, since that is the time when the skin regenerates, so you will take advantage of its benefits and notice the difference when you wake up.
- Choose products that suit the needs and characteristics of your skin.
- Do not use a product if it irritates your skin.
- Keep your utensils and towels, clean and disinfected.
- It is better to use cleansers, toners, exfoliants, and masks made at home because that way you know the ingredients they contain and avoid exposing yourself to chemicals that can be very aggressive to your face, especially if you have sensitive skin.
- Take your time and turn facial cleansing into a ritual. It is a particular moment to pamper your skin. You can put music, candles and wear a bathrobe or special clothes for the occasion.