If you want to opt for honey lemon for cough instead of anti-cold pills, you make the best choice. Why? Because this natural treatment escapes cough fast.
Many people have trouble with a cough, especially during the cold season. This is an irritating cough without mucus, also known as an unproductive cough. So, natural treatment with honey lemon for cough is a solution that many people use to get rid of.
Causes Of Cough
This symptom is often caused by viral diseases such as colds and flu. Also, allergies, TB, ENT disorders or heart disease may also result in a cough.
How Long Does It Usually Take For Coughing?
Cough associated with cold or flu tends to last for a week or two. A postural cough can persist for a long time (up to about eight weeks – chronic cough). Also, a cough that persists for more than eight weeks is usually indicative of a more severe problem.
A persistent cough can cause problems, including the following difficulties:
- Continuous coughing can lead to urinary incontinence in women. Especially senior women or in pregnant women a lot of inconveniences persists.
- Those who experience dry cough at night suffer from fatigue because they do not rest enough.
A severe cough can sometimes cause vomiting.
- Headaches can be the result of a persistent cough.
How Honey Lemon For Cough Remedy Works
Lemon fusion with honey calms the dry cough and sting of the throat. This natural remedy helps to strengthen the immune system. It also treats an infection like for influenza. Manuka honey is another remedy that increases the immunity of children and adults.
Following are the details on this fusion of honey with lemon.
How To Use Honey Lemon For Cough
- Squeeze two lemons and mix with three teaspoons of honey.
- The syrup obtained has a powerful soothing and disinfecting effect.
- Those who suffer from cough should consume a teaspoon of syrup 3-4 times a day.
- Do not consume anything after having honey lemon for cough.
The best remedies for coughs in children is this syrup.
Viral infections or allergies often cause a dry cough. People should take it with seriousness, and if it lasts for more than three weeks, it is a chronic cough. In such circumstances specialist doctor consultation is compulsory. Also, children should not wait for three weeks to go to the doctor.
Image Source: 1