Honey, due to its natural richness, is highly nutritious for our body. It is a very healthy food that offers medicinal and aesthetic benefits. But do you know that you can use honey for sleep? So, if you suffer from long nights without sleep, in this post we will show you different ways to use honey for sleep.
Benefits Of Honey For Sleep
Honey is beneficial for the body, but specifically for sleeping. It is due to its repairing effect that acts at night.
Consuming two tablespoons of honey before going to bed will give the liver the dose it needs to produce liver glycogen during the night. Thus the liver will carry out its detoxification process, without leaving the reserves too low.
Honey helps to increase insulin levels and the release of tryptophan in the brain, in turn, this process leads to serotonin that turns into melatonin at night.
How To Use Honey For Sleep
You must ensure that the honey is pure so that you can get deep sleep.
1. Honey For Sleep
- Take one tablespoon of honey (25 g) before going to sleep.
- It is not necessary to take it all at once if it seems very sweet, you can divide the dose into several portions until your palate gets used to it.
2. Milk With Honey For Sleep
- Take one glass of warm milk sweetened with 1 or 2 tablespoons of honey to sleep.
- The warm drink plus the relaxing effects of honey will make you fall asleep.
3. Salt With Honey For Sleep
- Mix 5 tablespoons of honey and one tablespoon of salt.
- Join these two ingredients and store them in a glass container.
- Before sleeping, take some of this mixture and place it under the tongue and let it dissolve.
4. Infusions Sweetened With Honey For Sleep
- Take the herbal infusion of your taste and sweeten it with 1 or 2 tablespoons of honey, that will relax you.
With these four ways to use honey for sleep, you will surely have a good night’s sleep. Go ahead and try them!