Honey is an excellent natural ingredient for exfoliating dead skin cells. It’s not only useful but also very safe, suitable for all skin types. Exfoliating dead skin with honey is easy, and anyone can do it at home. However, you also need to be familiar with a fundamental principle and process, so that the new beauty effect is increased and reduce the risk of facial irritation. Here we’ll discuss honey exfoliating face mask in detail.
Benefits Of Honey For Face
Honey is a natural ingredient that can bring wonders to your skin. It can affect the inside and outside of the skin. Honey is suitable for the most skin types, including sensitive skin. Here are the most prominent effects when you apply honey to your skin.
1. Moisturize The Skin
Enzymes in honey allow it to penetrate the skin quickly, thereby moisturizing it from deep inside. Helps skin softer and smoother.
2. Remove Dead Skin Cells
Honey can effectively remove dead skin cells. The reason is that, when you apply honey to your face, honey will stick to the glue-like dead skin fragments (due to texture).
And then when you wash your face, the water will wash away the honey along with dead skin cells, which will make your face skin cleaner and healthier.
3. Whiten Skin
Perhaps honey cannot completely change your skin color, but it may help your skin look a little brighter. It can also blur scar marks.
4. Treat Sunburn
Honey promotes the healing process of skin tissue, reduces the risk of inflammation, helps damaged tissue quickly to regenerate and repair itself after the sunburn.
5. Prevent Acne
Honey not only exfoliates dead skin but also removes dirt and sebum hidden deep beneath the pores. It keeps the skin clean, prevents bacteria from growing and developing, reducing the risk of acne.
Besides, honey also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. This effect is beneficial in long-term acne treatment.
6. Prevent Aging
Natural antioxidants found in honey can help to fight premature aging, reduce wrinkles.
Honey Exfoliating Face Mask
Exfoliating skin with honey is a form of beauty prevalent today.
For Normal Skin: You need only 1-2 tablespoons of pure honey. It is just enough for your face, no more need.
For Oily Skin: Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, to increase the exfoliating effect.
For Dry Skin: Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 1 tablespoon of fresh milk or sugar-free yogurt. Milk not only cleanses dead cells but also helps to whiten and soften the skin effectively.
Step 2: Exfoliate
- Spread honey over face, gently massage for a few minutes.
- Leave it for about 10 minutes, allowing the honey to dry slightly.
- Then gently remove the honey layer with warm water, taking care to make it light so as not to hurt the face.
- There is no need to use cleanser as this can cause skin dryness and skin irritation.
- Dry with a soft cotton towel after finishing.
- Check if honey has wholly removed, if not then wash your face.
Step 3: Moisturize
- Finally, apply a thin layer of moisturizer to your face to ensure smooth skin, without excessive drying after exfoliating.
- Exfoliating once is enough, not to overdo it, as this can make the skin more sensitive.
- Should do in the evening before going to bed, avoid going out into the sun after exfoliating because your facial skin is very vulnerable.
Image Source: 1