Dark circles could be annoying as it disrupts the natural look of the face despite any makeup. Following are some best and proven home remedies to remove dark circles and they also help to remove fine lines and puffiness under the eyes.
9 Home Remedies To Remove Dark Circles
1. Massage with almond oil:
Almond oil is very beneficial to treat any problem with delicate skin underneath the eyes and this regular use of almond oil helps fade under eye circles and are best when massaged before going to bed. It has to be left over night and removed the next day morning.
Cucumber has astringent and skin-lightening properties that help fix dark circles pretty instantly. They also have a refreshing and soothing effect.
- Cut a fresh cucumber slice and chill those in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, these slices are to be placed under the eye for 10 minutes and wash off with water.
- This has to be repeated twice daily for best results.
3. Raw potato slices:
The natural bleaching properties in potato help to lighten dark circles and work magic against puffiness under the eyes.
- Grate potatoes, preferably chilled to extract their juice and soak a cotton ball in this juice to be applied over closed eyes.
- This is to be left for 10-15 minutes and eyelids are to be washed with cool water.
4. Rose water:
Rose water is an incredible ingredient for skin care as it rejuvenates the skin and gives a relaxing effect on exhausted eyes. Its astringent properties help it behave as a worthy skin tone.
- Soak cotton cloths in rose water for few minutes and put them over closed eyelids, leave it for about 15 minutes before washing.
Bleaching properties of tomatoes help to lighten skin to an enormous extent.
- Mix a spoon of tomato juice with half spoon lemon juice and apply this mixture over dark circles gently.
- Leave it for ten minute and wash it off with water.
Skin lightening properties of vitamin C, present in abundance in lemon helps remove dark circles under the eyes pretty instantly.
- A cotton ball could be used to apply fresh squeezed lemon juice under the eyes and rinse off after leaving it for about 10 minutes.
- A thick puree could also be made by mixing lemon juice with gram flour and tomato puree and applied under the eyes.
7. Eye exercises:
Daily exercises along with practicing deep breathing techniques help to enhance blood circulation, oxygenation and offer immense relaxation by minimizing stress. A daily exercise regimen helps controlling dark circles. It is important to remove make up appropriately by using slight touch and gentle movements. These massaging is to be performed by professionals so that correct techniques get employed.
The cold compress helps to treat dark circles efficiently and could be performed using an ice bag or a cloth dipped in cold water or even with the help of a frozen spoon. This helps remove dark circles pretty instantly
9. Crushed mint:
Crushed mint helps treat dark circles effectively and soothes tired eyes instantly.
Image Source: 1