The tonsils can cause discomfort when swallowing food or even just saliva. Having inflamed tonsils is very common and can be caused by a lowering of our defenses and when the antibodies in our body decrease. There are several home remedies for tonsils, some of them are infusions and others are prepared to gargle to expel the bacteria that are there.
The most common cause for which we have tonsils are the viruses and bacteria that are there causing that inflammation. It lasts approximately between two and three days, depending on the severity and treatment.
Home Remedies For Tonsils
Below we tell you which are the best home remedies for tonsils that you can carry out to improve the health of your tonsils. Take note and perform the one that best suits your needs.
1. Baking Soda And Salt
We advise you to gargle with baking soda and salt, two products that you can quickly relieve and also, they are very cheap. You need them to gargle twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening.
- Mix two grams of salt with half a tablespoon of baking soda, in a cup of warm water.
- Dilute the salt in the water and then add the baking soda.
- The important thing is that the water is hot to make it more efficient.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar And Honey
Another fantastic combination to improve the condition of our throat is to take apple cider vinegar with honey. Apple cider vinegar is perfect for reducing bacteria and microorganisms in the throat.
- Heat a cup of water and add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and the tablespoon of honey.
- Remove and take twice a day, always when hot.
3. Infusion of Thyme And Lemon
A perfect combination to relieve discomfort, strengthen the immune system used to prevent viruses and bacteria. You will calm the irritation in the throat, reduce inflammation and you will not have excess mucus.
- Boil a little thyme in a cup of water, add half a juice of fresh lemon and a spoonful of honey.
- Take this infusion twice a day.
4. White Wine And Rosemary
A preparation based on white wine and rosemary is an anti-inflammatory, soothing and antibacterial remedy that will not only alleviate throat problems but also sores and wounds in the mouth.
- Pour white wine into a cup and add three tablespoons of rosemary, about 30 grams of rosemary leaves.
- Boil the wine and add the rosemary, let five minutes pass, cool the mixture and gargle for two minutes.
- If over time you see that your health does not improve, do not hesitate to go to a specialist so that you can advise the best treatment.
5. Calendula And Honey Tea
The best way to take care of tonsils is to gargle with an infusion of calendula and honey. It is an anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and analgesic drink that reduces all the symptoms of inflamed tonsils.
- 5 grams of calendula
- A half cup of water
- One tablespoon of honey, approximately 25 grams
Preparation & Use:
Once you have the infusion, use it to gargle for 2 minutes every day. The ideal is to do it before you go home and in the morning once we get up.
Do not hesitate to go to the doctor if you see that you have severe tonsils and you feel pain in the throat. The important thing is to have that pain controlled so that it does not go any further. Pay attention to sudden changes in temperature and protect your neck from wind and cold.
Image Source: 1