Gallstones are substantial deposits that form inside the gallbladder. These stones can range from a grain of sand to that of a golf ball in size. 80% of gallstones made of hardened cholesterol, which develops when there is excess cholesterol in the gallbladder. Other causes could be high levels of bilirubin or high concentrations of bile in the gallbladder. Here, we offer some of the best home remedies for gallstones that you can follow.
Symptoms Off Gallstones
These are some of the symptoms of gallstones: sudden severe pain in the right side of the abdomen, back pain, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, chills, clay-colored stools.
Gallstones (or stones in the gallbladder) should treat quickly. The most advisable thing is that we consult a doctor to receive adequate diagnosis and treatment.
Home Remedies For Gallstones
There are also natural home remedies that we can use both to prevent and treat stones in the gallbladder. Here you have six home remedies for gallstones.
1. Lemon Juice For Gallstones
The lemon juice stops the production of cholesterol in the liver. Also, the lemon’s vitamin C makes cholesterol more soluble in water, making it easier to eliminate.
How To Use
- Mix four tablespoons of lemon juice with a glass of warm water.
- Drink it every morning for several weeks to remove gallstones from the body.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar For Gallstones
The acidity of apple cider vinegar stops the production of cholesterol, which is the cause of most stones in the gallbladder. It also dissolves gallstones and relieves pain.
How To Use
- Mix a tablespoon apple cider vinegar with apple juice.
- Drink the mixture to relieve the pain caused by the symptoms of gallstones.
- Mix two small tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with a small spoonful of lemon in a glass of warm water.
- Drink this mixture regularly in the mornings on an empty stomach to dissolve the stones, as well as relieve pain.
3. Mint For Gallstones
Peppermint helps to stimulate the flow of digestive juices (including that of bile). It also contains a substance called terpene capable of dissolving the stones of the vesicle.
How To Use
- Boil a glass of water.
- Add a small spoonful of dried mint leaves.
- Let stand for 5 minutes by covering it with a lid. Strain it and add honey.
- Take this hot tea twice a day for 4-5 weeks and between meals for best results.
4. Pears For Gallstones
Pears provide relief against pain caused by gallstones. Also, pear helps to soften cholesterol, making it easier to eliminate.
How To Use
- Mix half a glass of pear juice, half a glass of hot water, and two tablespoons of honey.
- Drink it three times a day for two weeks.
- Peel and remove the seeds of several pears and cut the meat into small pieces.
- Cook these small pieces of pear in water for 20 minutes.
- Take a cup of hot cooked pears twice a day for two weeks.
5. Vegetable Juice For Gallstones
To treat gallstones, one of the essential things is to reduce the consumption of fried and fatty foods. It may be convenient to follow a strict diet (for one or two weeks) based on juices and fruit and vegetable juices. Foods like cucumber, beet, or carrot are excellent remedies for gallstones.
The beet helps to cleanse the liver and strengthens the gallbladder. The high water content in the cucumber is ideal for detoxifying both the liver and the gallbladder. The carrot is rich in vitamin C and other nutrients beneficial to the immune system.
Beet, Cucumber, And Carrot Juice
- Extract the juice of one beet, one cucumber, and four medium carrots.
- Mix and drink twice a day.
- Taking this juice for two weeks will show a significant improvement.