Diabetes is an increasingly common disease. This disorder is closely related to the excess of sugars and refined flours in our diet. In this article, we share the best home remedies for diabetes that helps to regulate our blood sugar level. In this way, we can prevent this disorder before it is too late.
Diabetes is a chronic disease that is due to a failure or lack of assimilation of the hormone insulin. This metabolic dysfunction produces an excess of glucose (sugar) in the blood. This hormone, secreted by our pancreas, has only the function of controlling sugar levels in our blood, to allow the entry of ingested sugars, genuine fuel with oxygen, for our metabolism.
Types Of Diabetes
Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 appears when the person is in his childhood or adolescence. It can also occur in the first years of the person’s adult life. For many people, type 1 diabetes occurs very abruptly and begins destroying the cells of the pancreas. It makes the body can no longer produce insulin in the right way.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 is of advanced age. It appears many more times than type 1 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes appears when insulin production is low. In this type of chaos, the doctor gives the patient anti-diabetic pills that the patient must take each day or treat with injected insulin. This type can go unnoticed for a long time, so the patient does not realize how many years later.
When seasonal diabetes occurs, it always occurs temporarily, although it must control in the same way as the others. One of the times, gestational diabetes occurs is during pregnancy. During this period, insulin increases to increase energy stores. However, there are pregnant women in whom this increase does not happen, and this causes diabetes to appear.
Seasonal diabetes has no symptoms, and it is difficult for the person suffering from it to notice. Usually, this can see in the daily tests performed on pregnant women. Gestational diabetes during pregnancy could appear during week 24. If not treated during this time, type 2 diabetes can develop over the years.
Symptoms Of Diabetes
The symptoms of diabetes are:
- You have to go to the bathroom in a much more usual way. When children suffer from it, it is the case of the wet bed, and children urinate many more times while they sleep.
- You have an unusual thirst.
- The person feels much more tired and weak.
- You have much more frequent mood swings, and the person with diabetes is irritable.
- There is discomfort in the stomach and vomiting problems.
- The wounds take much longer to heal, although they are often simple regimes that take weeks.
- Hands and feet lose sensitivity.
- They begin to have problems with gum and urine infections.
- Blood glucose levels rise, although this symptom can only see through an analysis.
Home Remedies For Diabetes
The following home remedies for diabetes can consume daily without generating long-term impacts.
1. Neem Leaves
By regularly consuming neem leaves, blood glucose levels will regulate until normalized. The consumption of neem allows to decrease of insulin doses and makes the pancreas normalize. On many occasions, herbal therapy with neem leaves makes the disease disappear in non-chronic cases.
Fenugreek seeds have an immense utility in the control of diabetes and also cholesterol. With the consumption of 150 grams of this seed, glucose levels are reduced by almost 30%.
- Dip two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in a glass of water all night.
- The next day, drink it on an empty stomach.
- Another option is to take two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds powder daily in a glass of milk.
3. Papaya Leaves
The papaya leaf has the virtue of regulating blood sugar and prevent and control diabetes. Also, it helps us purify the body of toxins.
- Blend a papaya leaf with the juice of one lemon and a pinch of baking soda.
- Strain it and sweeten with honey.
- It is recommended to drink it cold.
4. Guava Leaves
Scientific studies confirm that the guava leaves and the extract have quercetin, a flavonoid with the hypoglycemic effect that helps to lower blood sugar.
- Macerate two sour guavas in half a liter of water.
- Strain the next day and drink that water three times a day.
One of the most outstanding properties of eucalyptus is as a fantastic expectorant for respiratory tract infections. It has proven that its leaves provide excellent hypoglycemic properties that favor gluconeogenesis. That is, how the body stores glucose for its subsequent use and secretion of insulin.
6. Olive Leaves
The olive leaves have been used as a traditional medicine to treat diabetes for many years. The consumption of the polyphenols present in the olive leaf extract reduces insulin resistance and increases the productivity of the beta cells of the pancreas, those responsible for producing insulin.
- Boil 50 grams of olive leaves in a liter of water for 10 minutes.
- Let it cool, strain, and drink.
- Drink three cups a day for 20 days, then rest ten days.
The garlic also helps people with diabetes to maintain healthy levels of blood sugar due to its anti-diabetic and lipid lowering properties. It also contains sulfur compounds that protect against oxidative damage and high cholesterol.
- Take 2-3 raw garlic a day on an empty stomach
- Or take garlic supplements by consulting a doctor.
Its frequent consumption helps us to prevent insulin resistance, an increasingly frequent disorder.
- Add ginger to infusions, juices, milkshakes, creams, cookies, biscuits, etc.
The turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help people with diabetes to control blood sugar, thereby reducing the complications.
- Incorporate raw or powdered turmeric into our kitchen.
- Or take turmeric supplements after consulting with a doctor.
Saffron is very useful for lowering blood sugar levels. It also helps to protect against nerve damage (diabetic neuropathy) and prevent vision problems.
- Consume 0.5 grams of saffron before meals.
Cinnamon contains compounds such as Cinnamaldehyde, the eugenol, the spirit cinnamic, provide anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that improve the ability to regulate blood sugar and improve the effectiveness of insulin.
12. Green Tea
It is an excellent antioxidant of nature. It is due to its content in a substance called gallate, which stimulates the production and segregation of insulin by the pancreas. It helps to reduce blood sugar levels significantly.
- It is recommended to consume 4-6 cups a day.
Cumin improves analytical values due to its anti-diabetic properties, helping to reduce blood glucose and triglycerides. Several scientific studies indicate that the cumin supplement has anti-diabetic properties and improves analytical values (glycosylated hemoglobin, reduction of blood glucose, and decrease of triglycerides).
14. Chia Seeds
Chia seed contains mucilage, a type of soluble fiber that, when in contact with water, hydrates and increases its volume and forms an aqueous gel that causes an action that regulates the sugars of the food and its slow absorption, becoming another alternative for the cure of diabetes.
Fiber delays carbohydrate absorption and decreases blood sugar variations. It is advisable to consume between 25 to 35 gr. of fiber per day.
- Put a teaspoon of chia in a glass, fill it with water.
- Soak for a few minutes and consume it.
The dandelion contains inulin and levulin that help to balance the blood sugar level. So it is ideal in the prevention and treatment of diabetes.
- Boil some dandelion leaves in water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then strain and consume the water (3 cups per day).
16. Noni Juice
Although noni contains natural sugars, it does not affect blood levels. It can help to stabilize glucose levels. For people at risk of diabetes or who have diabetes, noni juice can use along with a healthy diet and moderate exercise.
- Drink a glass of noni juice three times a day before meals.
17. Orange Infusion
Orange contains the flavonoid naringenin, which helps cells to assimilate insulin. An infusion of this tea can help us lower sugar levels.
- Boil a glass of water, when it boils add the juice of an orange.
- Let cool and strain it, and drink.
18. Nettle Infusion
Nettle helps to lower glucose and has a higher insulin secretion, so they make it an excellent infusion for diabetes and lower sugar.
- Boil a glass of water, add 5 grams of nettle root, let cool.
- Strain it and drink.
19. Coconut Oil
The chain fatty acids in the coconut oil have shown that improve glucose tolerance and reduce fat accumulation. These acids improve the action of insulin and its sensitivity in patients with types 2 diabetes.
The artichoke contains inulin. Because of this, it fights diabetes and reduces the cholesterol levels, reduces the risk of heart attacks, and improving circulation. The artichoke is also abundant in fiber, and this fiber slows the absorption of glucose, which prevents blood sugar from rising.