The bronchitis is an infection of the airways of the lung (bronchi) causing irritation and inflammation. A cough is a primary symptom that may accompany by phlegm causing a sore throat and wheezing. Bronchitis may occur when our bronchi inflamed infection. This disease must consider in preventing further complications that put our health at risk. This condition can treat with some home remedies. So, if you want to know home remedies for bronchitis, read on.
Home Remedies for Bronchitis
We quote you some of the most efficient home remedies that will help to treat and reduce symptoms.
It is one of the oldest remedies. It is often efficient and will help to ease the symptoms.
- Add one teaspoon turmeric powder in a glass of milk and mix it to dilute.
- Take this 3 times a day on an empty stomach.
2. Honey, Lemon, and Ginger
This combination is an effective natural remedy for treating bronchitis. Its antiseptic and antibiotic properties are useful for treating symptoms.
- In a cup with hot water, add a spoonful of honey, a few drops lemon juice and a half teaspoon of ginger root.
- Take three times daily.
- It is a recommend that to take one of them before going to sleep.
3. Onion and Garlic
Garlic has antibiotic properties, which helps to decrease the infection that can produce bronchitis. The onion is expectorant which will help to expel phlegm.
- You can incorporate the garlic and the onion in your diet.
- It is a recommend to take raw.
- Another way is to take a fasting spoonful of juice from these two.
The mallow has expectorant and anti-inflammatory properties, which will help to make the inflammation disappear, to favor expectoration and to calm a cough.
- In a liter of water, add 50 grams of mallow leaves and boil for 15 minutes.
- Take a cup three times a day.
Nettle is not only good for asthma and hay allergy but is also useful in relieving bronchitis.
- You can infuse two teaspoons of dried nettle leaves into one cup of boiling water.
- Let it cool and add honey.
- Drink it.
6. Sandalwood oil
This remedy will help to improve the symptoms and to dis-inflame the bronchi.
- Put water to boil in a saucepan and add 8 drops of sandalwood oil.
- When it boils, stop the fire and breathe steam for a few minutes.
- Do it 3 times a day.
Almonds are rich in calcium, potassium, and magnesium, which help to fight the germs and bacteria that cause bronchitis.
- Soak almonds and eat them on an empty stomach and a glass of warm milk.
- Remember to chew properly.
- You can also crush some almonds into a glass of orange juice for fast results.
8. Eucalyptus oil
The fragrance of eucalyptus oil can soothe the most insistent and persistent headache. Eucalyptus oil has germ-fighting abilities and helps to fight coughs by killing germs.
- Put few drops on your handkerchief and smell it often.
- Inhaling this oil will also help to clear narrowed airways.
9. Lime leaves infusion
The lime leaves infusion is an excellent alternative to treat bronchitis. It can deflate, and its properties help to relieve a cough and relax the muscles of the chest.
- It is a recommend to drink at least three cups a day.
10. American Ginseng
American ginseng is good for the lungs, cleans the bronchi and to reduce inflammation. If you have high blood pressure or heart problem, you should not use American ginseng.