What is the best herbal tea for colds and flu? Which medicinal herbs are most effective? Herbal teas are a great help in preventing and treating seasonal illnesses such as colds and flu. The herbs and spices used for the preparation of teas are right medicinal remedies with high healing power.
However, it is essential to be smart because, in some cases, in the use of herbal preparations, there may be contraindications and drug interaction. So, you should always consult a herbalist who will be able to give you the best suggestions on teas and herbal treatments.
Best Herbal Teas For Colds
1. Cinnamon Tea For Colds
Herbal tea with cinnamon is excellent for colds, reducing throat inflammation and against winter diseases.
- Boil the glass of water along with two teaspoons of honey, 2 or 3 teaspoons of cinnamon powder and one pinch of pepper.
- Drink it warm.
2. Echinacea Tea For Colds
The echinacea is an excellent remedy for strengthening the immune system to prevent and fight colds, flu, and diseases typical of winter. Drink one or two cups of echinacea tea every day to prepare for winter.
- In a cup of boiling water, put one teaspoon of dried echinacea, or place a tea bag of herbal tea bought in herbal store.
- Wait for 5 minutes before drinking.
3. Lemon Balm Tea For Colds
The lemon balm is a plant with excellent soothing and sedative properties, useful for colds. Stimulates perspiration, an important aspect that can help to lower fever and eliminate toxins trapped in the body.
- Pour one teaspoon of dry lemon balm into a cup of boiling water.
- Let stand for 5 minutes and coe.
4. Rosehip Tea For Colds
Rosehip is used in the preparation of infusions to prevent and alleviate winter diseases, such as colds and flu. You can buy it in sachets at herbal stores. It is rich in vitamin C, which helps us to strengthen the immune system, relieves respiratory diseases, and combats infections.
- Put the sachet in a cup of boiling water and leave it for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Before you drink the herbal tea, you can enrich the tea with lemon juice.
5. Eucalyptus Tea For Colds
Eucalyptus herbal tea liberates the airways and is helpful in case of colds. Eucalyptus can combine with other useful herbs, such as salvia, for example.
- Pour a teaspoon of dried sage and a dry eucalyptus into a glass of boiling water.
- Wait for 10 minutes, strain and drink.
This tea is contraindicated in pregnancy and lactation, in cases of hypertension and epilepsy.
6. Ginger Tea For Colds
Ginger in the form of an infusion is useful for preventing colds.
- Put two cloves of garlic, one piece of cinnamon and a little grated ginger in a cup of boiling water.
- The infusion lasts for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Leave a slice of fresh ginger in 350 milliliters of water to boil for 10 minutes.
- Let cool, coe and add two tablespoons of lemon juice.
7. Turmeric Tea
Turmeric tea is also excellent in case of flu and cold. The properties of this seasoning are numerous and among these the ability to strengthen immune defenses and eventually relieve cough and sore throat. It can prepare from fresh root or powdered spice.
8. Mauve Tea
The mallow is known mainly for its softening qualities to the intestine, its mild laxative effect, and its anti-inflammatory potential. A herbal tea made with this plant is also excellent for the treatment of colds and flu, helps to dissolve and expel better the mucus and to ease irritations in the throat.