The daily cleaning and the application of the lotions recommended by the dermatologist are essential steps to improve the skin with acne, as well as to take a balanced diet low in fats and sugars. When it comes to mild acne, we can add the use of some treatments with natural products that have antibacterial properties, that regulate the production of sebum and help to eliminate impurities. It is the case of clay, an ingredient with many therapeutic applications on the skin. Keep reading this article if you want to know how to use a green clay mask for acne.
Properties Of Green Clay For Acne
Among all types of clay, green clay stands out for the treatment of acne and improve the appearance of those oily skin. Next, we detail why green clay is an excellent natural treatment for this skin condition.
- It allows deep cleansing of the skin, due to its antibacterial and purifying properties.
- Its excellent absorption capacity makes it perfect for regulating excess sebum in the skin and reducing fat.
- It favors the elimination of acne, pimples, blackheads, and other impurities.
- Tones the skin, unclog and closes the pores.
- It helps to prevent pimples from leaving marks or scars visible on the skin.
- It is antiseptic and soothing, so it acts against the microbes present in the skin with acne and prevents infections.
Different Ways To Use Green Clay For Acne
1. Green Clay Mask For Acne
- Mix two tablespoons of green clay with three tablespoons of water in a glass, wood, porcelain or clay container, but never in a metal one as this material could reduce its properties.
- Mix well to create a kind of homogeneous paste.
- Cleans the skin to leave it free of waste and apply the mask over the face with the help of a clean brush, avoiding areas such as the eye area and mouth.
- Leave on for about 20 minutes and wait for the clay to dry completely.
- After that time and when the clay is dry, remove with a vegetable sponge and warm water.
- At the end of the treatment, it is advisable to apply a moisturizer or the lotion that you use to treat acne and that your dermatologist has recommended.
2. Lemon And Green Clay Mask For Acne
We know that clay is excellent for treating acne and lessen all the problems involved in the skin. Lemon is a powerful natural astringent that helps to reduce imperfections and scars on the skin, in addition to having antibacterial and antiseptic components that are very beneficial to prevent acne from intensifying with time.
How To Use:
- Mix two teaspoons of green clay with two teaspoons of lemon juice in a container.
- Apply the resulting paste on the face very clean.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes and then remove with plenty of warm water.
Note: It is essential that while you carry out the treatment, do not expose the area to the sun, as this could cause the appearance of spots on the skin.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar And Green Clay Mask For Acne
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent ally to reduce acne. It has antibacterial and antiseptic properties, which are excellent to help disinfect the skin and prevent skin lesions from getting worse and new impurities appear. Also, apple cider vinegar helps to balance the natural pH of the dermis and reduces excess fat.
How To Use:
- Dilute one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar (ACV) with one teaspoon of mineral water.
- Mix the diluted apple cider vinegar with one tablespoon of green clay.
- When you get a consistent paste, spread it on the skin affected by acne.
- Let it act for 20 minutes and remove it with warm water.
Note: Do not use apple cider vinegar directly on the skin. It must be diluted in water to avoid irritation or itching.