Glycerin is a transparent and viscous liquid quite similar to natural water. It is widely used on the face and skin to cleanse the makeup and combat the impurities of the day. However, nowadays, it is being used a lot to help the hair, leaving it healthy, strong, and shiny in a short time. We invite you to continue reading so that you know the properties and benefits of glycerin for hair.
There are many cosmetic products made from glycerin, among them special cleansers, soaps, creams, among others, these products help to care for the skin effectively, and now the hair.
Properties Of Glycerin For Hair
Due to the moisturizing, antibacterial and humectant properties of glycerin, it is considered one of the best products to keep hair beautiful, healthy, strong, clean and hydrated and its use as a hair treatment is being considered worldwide.
Glycerin works wonders to keep the scalp and hair moist enough to avoid dryness and consequently, other problems that come with it such as scaling, irritation, and itching.
Hair regains the lost nutrients while the capillary cells and tissues function better after using glycerin, and excellent to repair the damage caused by chemical agents, hot gadgets, and other factors affecting the damage of the hair.
Benefits Of Glycerin For Hair
Glycerin is currently used to repair the damaged hair, combating dryness on the scalp, and moisturizes each strand of hair, solves the problem of damaged and open ends.
1. Moisturizes Hair
Glycerin is good for combating dry hair and next to it irritation, redness, peeling and itching. Due to its moisturizing properties, glycerin regulates the necessary moisture in the hair fibers so that they keep the scalp free of signs of dryness.
When the tissues and capillary fibers exert their normal functioning, the hair tends to be much softer, shiny, and silky.
2. Stimulates Hair Growth
Glycerin strengthens the hair from the root to the tips and allowing the hair follicles to obtain the necessary nutrients to function correctly and thus prevent the detachment of the hair, accelerating the growth of it.
From the first month, you will notice that the hair growth will be more noticeable than the previous months.
3. Repair The Split Ends And Combat Frizz
Glycerin is excellent for combating the signs of damaged hair and open or brittle tips. These appear when inadequate care is taken in the hair or abuse of the devices that emanate heat and chemicals.
When the hair has damaged the ends just as the root of the hair tends to weaken, break or peel, so it is essential to pay close attention and treatment to these signals.
Glycerin is an excellent remedy to combat this type of damage. It adds strength and prevents it from being prolonged.
It also keeps the hair free of frizz and combing will be a much simpler task.
How To Use Glycerin For Hair
One of the most excellent methods to treat and alleviate problems in hair treated with glycerin is:
Mix glycerin with water and apply it directly to the hair to provide the moisture that the scalp requires. However, there are other ways to use glycerin for hair.
1. Castor Oil And Glycerin For Hair
- One tablespoon of glycerin (Liquid)
- One egg yolk
- Two tablespoons castor oil
- Two tablespoons of water
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
How To Use:
- In a deep bowl mix all the ingredients until they are fully incorporated, then apply over the entire hair.
- Performing a gentle massage on the scalp.
- Let stand for 30 minutes and finally rinse with water and shampoo.
- Repeat the procedure twice a week.
2. Olive Oil, Honey, And Glycerin For Hair
How To Use:
- Incorporate all the ingredients inside a container and mix very well, then apply over all the hair.
- Leave to rest in the hair for half an hour and then rinse with plenty of water and perform the frequent washing.
- Repeat between two to three times a week.
3. Rose Water And Glycerin For Hair
- 1 cup of water of roses
- 1/2 cup of glycerin
How To Use:
- Mix both ingredients very well, then apply over all the hair from the root to the tips.
- Massage the fingertips for a couple of minutes and leave for 20 more minutes.
- Finally wash your hair as you usually do, trying not to leave traces on the scalp.
4. Aloe Vera And Glycerin For Hair
- Five tablespoons of aloe vera (Gel)
- One tablespoon of glycerin
How To Use:
- 1. Mix both ingredients until they are fully incorporated.
- Apply the mask on wet hair and let it act for 30 minutes.
- After this time, remove the mixture from hair with plenty of warm water, avoid hot water.
- Repeat twice a week.
5. Glycerin Conditioner For hair
The more glycerin-based products you use, the better the benefits. One way to obtain the properties that glycerin brings to hair is by using it in the conditioner.
- Add 6 to 10 drops of glycerin to the conditioner you usually use and apply as usual.
- Mix a cup of water, three tablespoons of conditioner and 1/4 cup of glycerin.
- Apply to the hair from root to ends.
- Leave for half an hour and remove with plenty of water.
- You can add two to four drops of essential oil for better results.
6. Glycerin Soap For hair
There are products for hair washing that contain glycerin such as shampoo, conditioners, and other treatments. But, a relatively simple option is using glycerin soap, rub it on damp hair, massage gently and finally rinse with plenty of water.