The hypothyroidism is a problem, and it is best to take time and treat it. In addition to having an adequate medical consultation and following a diet that activates the functioning of the thyroid gland, it is good to accompany its function with some elements that favor it.
What nutrients improve hypothyroidism?
When the functioning of the thyroid is not the best, it is low, and the metabolism is “asleep.” The ideal thing is to give the gland some minerals that it needs to activate more. Iodine is usually the most indicated, but not the only one.
Also magnesium, potassium or zinc will help you to feel better. You can try this excellent ginger water, which can officiate as a daily drink without any problem. It has a lot of nutrients that will help you fight against hypothyroidism.
How to prepare ginger water
It is a simple recipe that gives excellent results to purify the body.
- Half a cup of peeled and chopped ginger into medium pieces
- A cucumber
- A spoonful of pennyroyal mint
- Two teaspoons of spirulina
- One liter of mineral water
- One teaspoon of iodized salt
- Boil the liter of mineral water. After it boils, turn off the fire.
- In a bowl, place ginger, pennyroyal mint, the iodized salt, the cucumber pieces. Complete with water and cover hermetically.
- Leave a whole day at room temperature to ferment a little.
- After that day, filter the preparation.
- Now, it is time to add spirulina, which will always be better to add it at the last moment.
- You can sweeten it for the taste.
Drink this ginger water throughout the day or whenever you like. Even if it turns out to be too strong, you can reduce it by adding water. The amount indicated in the recipe is only one liter, but you can prepare more respecting the proportions and instructions.
Benefits of ingredients
Ginger is rich in magnesium, potassium, and zinc, as well as high inflammatory. For those who suffer from thyroid swelling, it is a genius, since your face and neck will not deform as much as usual. It also helps to eliminate fluids.
Pennyroyal mint, indicated for hypothyroidism, as well as spirulina, which is rich in sodium.