Cholesterol and triglycerides are lipid substances that, to a certain extent, the body requires to function in optimal conditions. With several natural garlic-based remedies, it can control the levels of them. That’s why we will let you know how to use garlic for cholesterol to keep it in control.
How Garlic Helps To Lower Cholesterol
Garlic has allicin, active substance, with anti-inflammatory and depurative properties. It can control hypercholesterolemia (high values of total cholesterol) and high levels of triglycerides.
It exerts a vasodilator and anticoagulant effect that improves the passage of blood through the bloodstream. Thus, it favors the elimination of toxins and prevents the accumulation of platelets in the arterial walls.
It contains potassium and a small amount of fiber that supports the regulation of blood pressure while favoring the digestion of lipids.
How To Use Garlic For Cholesterol
There are many ways to take garlic for cholesterol. Below, we’ll give you some of them. Read on.
1. Garlic Elixir
It is prepared with garlic and lemon. It is also a cleansing elixir and a general tonic.
- Forty cloves of unpeeled garlic
- Two liters of water
- Four lemons with skin
- Cut the lemons into four pieces.
- Finely cut the garlic and lemon.
- Transfer the mixture to a pot with the water and stir.
- When the water boils, extinguish the fire immediately.
- Chill the mixture.
- Strain and transfer to bottles with lid.
- Store in the refrigerator.
How To Consume:
- Drink a glass of elixir before or after your meals every day.
- Shake well before serving because the elixir becomes thick with time.
- Continue for three weeks. Take a break for a week.
- Make a new batch and take it for another three weeks.
- After those six weeks, your whole body should feel regenerated.
The garlic in high doses has an anticoagulant effect. Do not take it if you are going to have surgery.
2. Garlic With Lemon
The garlic with lemon could be a beneficial resource for the prevention of many diseases associated with excess cholesterol in the body. But you should always consult your doctor. It is even more advisable if you are taking medication.
- Four lemons
- Four heads of garlic
- Three liters of boiled water
- Peel the garlic and cut the teeth into halves.
- Wash the lemons thoroughly and cut them into small pieces, without removing the rind.
- Add the warm water, previously boiled, and beat them all.
- Distribute the resulting mixture in three glass jars, finish filling with warm water.
- Close them well and store in the fridge for three days.
- After that time, put the contents of the three boats together and put it back in the fridge.
How To Consume:
- The first days, take one tablespoon (15 ml) of this preparation, half an hour before the main meals of the day.
- If your body reacted well, increase to two tablespoons (30 ml), also, half an hour before each of the meals of the day.
- Progressively, increase the dose until reaching a maximum of 50 ml, multiplied by the three meals of the day. That is, up to a maximum of 150 ml daily.
- The treatment lasts 40 days and can do it once a year.
3. Garlic With Onion
Garlic with onion facilitates the decrease of bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides since it has a vasodilator and detoxifying effect. Both ingredients contain sulfurous compounds that are beneficial in the control of dyslipidemias.
- One liter of water
- Four cloves of garlic
- One onion
- The juice of 2 lemons
- Add the water in a pot with water and add the garlic and onions cut into several pieces.
- Let it boil and allow to cook for 15 minutes and remove from heat.
- When ready, add the juice of two lemons and let it cool.
How To Consume:
- Once you acquire a bearable temperature for consumption, take a glass.
- The ideal is to take the first dose on an empty stomach and repeat the doses two or three times during the day.
[Read Also: How To Lower Cholesterol Naturally ]
4. Garlic, Ginger, And Honey
This remedy is used to cure high blood pressure and cholesterol. This remedy can cure many diseases and improve the immune system.
- A grated garlic clove
- A piece of ginger (grated)
- A teaspoon of honey
- A spoonful of apple cider vinegar
- A spoonful of lemon juice
- Place the ingredients in a blender and liquify for half a minute.
- Then strain the mixture and keep it in the fridge for five days.
- Take small amounts throughout the day, before each meal.
- If you do not like the taste, you can dilute the mixture in a glass of water.
5. Garlic With Olive Oil
The allicin of garlic binds with the essential fatty acids of olive oil to provide an alternative treatment against high cholesterol. These components clean the arterial walls, control inflammation, and prevent the oxidation of lipids in the bloodstream.
- Ten cloves of garlic
- Half a cup of olive oil
- Grind the cloves of garlic in a mortar.
- Place the crushed garlic with the olive oil in a glass jar with an airtight lid.
- Let the mixture marinate for at least twelve hours.
How To Consume:
- Consume a spoonful on an empty stomach, until finishing the portion.