If you are looking at our tips to get rid of oily and greasy hair and to have stronger and shinier hair naturally, then you are for sure embarrassed with your greasy hair. It could be disgusting to have an oily scalp that looks feels and even smells bad. Excess oil on the scalp could also enhance the production of acne on the face and challenge one’s self esteem. It is now time to put an end to this greasy oily scalp, follow our tips at beauty vigor to get rid of oily hair and to have a naturally stronger and shinier hair.
7 Tips For Greasy And Oily Hair
1. Take advantage of vinegar:
The natural astringent properties of vinegar could be used to remove excess grease and oil from the scalp and hair. But ensure only diluted white vinegar is used on the scalp.
- Mix three spoons of vinegar in a cup of water
- Massage the mixture on the hair for ten minutes and wash off completely.
- This could be performed two or three times a week to get rid of all grease from the hair.
2. Cleaning hair with lemon juice:
Lemon juice is rich in citric acid and is the best remedy for oily and greasy hair. It cleans oil and dirt from the scalp and the hair.
- Mix juice from two lemons in a cup of water and apply the mixture on the hair.
- Leave it for a couple of minutes and wash off with a shampoo.
- This technique would work magic against dirt, oil, grease and dandruff on the scalp.
3. Natural conditioning with egg:
Eggs are best friends for hairs as it helps remove excess oil from scalp and also conditions the hair.
- Beat an egg well and mix it with lemon juice and curd.
- This mask is to be applied on the hair and left for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off thoroughly to remove all residues.
- Try this remedy twice or thrice a week to keep greasy scalp at bay.
4. Be choosy with the hair conditioner:
Avoid using conditioners, if not possible then use it sparingly as they are not necessary for a scalp that is already producing too much oil. It is also a good idea to stop using conditioner completely until the problem with greasy hair is solved, because adding conditioners would only get the hair ever more oilier.
5. Use quality shampoos and hair care products:
Cheap hair sprays, gels and shampoos are built up with too many chemicals that are harmful for the hair, and they also tend to get the hair too greasy. Choose products that are composed of natural ingredients, which leave fewer residues and does not demand frequent washing.
6. Wash hair properly and thoroughly:
Use warm water to wash the hair and after using shampoo rinse hair completely so that no residue is left behind. This would not attract more oil and dirt.
7. Do not touch the hair often:
Try to brush, comb and touch the hair as sparingly as possible, as more the touch more is the oil produced by the scalp and grease spread across getting the hair oily.
Image Source: 1