Hair loss influences many people around the world because many factors can influence it.
Now, we want to share how to use flaxseed for hair loss to maintain healthy hair.
Flaxseed contains Omega-3 acids, essential nutrients for good health.
Omega-3s also contain alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), docosahexaenoic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid, which help hair growth. Here, we’ll tell you how to use flaxseed for hair loss in a natural way.
How Does Flaxseed help For Hair Loss?
ALA in flaxseed helps to reduce hair loss because it helps to inhibit the enzyme called 5-alpha Reductase, which converts testosterone into the male hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
DHT is a male hormone that shrinks hair follicles, which is an essential factor in baldness.
ALA, gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA), and oleic acid inhibit 5-alpha reductase and therefore used as natural remedies for hair loss.
How To Use Flaxseed For Hair Loss
An easy way to include flaxseed in your diet is to buy the flaxseed powder and add a spoonful to the yogurt or cereal that we eat in the mornings. Externally you can make a flaxseed water lotion to apply on the scalp.
1. Flaxseed Water For Hair Loss
Flaxseed water is also the right solution for hair with frizz (fluffed hair). It is thrown all over the hair and left to dry naturally. The curls are healthy and well defined, and the hair is not as stiff as when using gel.
How To Use:
- Put the flax seeds in a glass of water and let it sit overnight.
- The next day you will notice that the water is like a slug, it does not matter.
- Strain and throw the seeds and leave the water.
- Put it in a bottle and closes well.
- Every day you apply it to the scalp at the same time you massage your head.
Flaxseed water can last up to two weeks in the fridge, but preservatives such as citric acid can add to last longer. The option is to pour a few drops of lemon essential oil that is an antibacterial.
2. Lemon Juice And Flaxseed For Hair Loss
- One tablespoon flaxseeds
- One liter of water
- One lemon’s juice
How To Use:
- Boil the water and add the flax seeds when it is boiling.
- Leave it on fire another two minutes, or as long as necessary for the water to thicken.
- When it is ready, let it cool, filter the water, and remove the seeds.
- To the resulting water, add three tablespoons of lemon juice, to keep better for longer.
- Apply it to the scalp at the same time you massage your head. Do not expose to the sun.
3. Flaxseed Gel For Hair Loss
- Three tablespoons of flaxseed
- One plastic container
- One colander
- 400 ml. of water
- One glass container
- One wooden spoon
How To Use:
- Put the water to boil.
- Add the flax seeds to the water and mix with the spoon.
- When you notice that the mixture is thick as if it were gel, with the help of the colander, you must separate the flax seeds from the gel. You must take into account that this process must do as quickly as possible.
- Put it in the glass jar and cover it. This gel lasts about one week in the refrigerator.
- When you take a bath, rinse your hair very thoroughly with shampoo and then apply the gel and let it act for 20 minutes to achieve the desired objective.