Flaxseed is one type of healthy food in the form of seeds. At first glance, the shape is similar to sunflower seeds. Brownish red and smaller in size. As healthy food, there are no doubt that the flax seed contains vitamins and minerals. Besides being an alternative to healthy food, flaxseed is also useful for hair. Here are the best ways to use flaxseed for hair growth and its benefits.
Benefits Of Flaxseed For Hair Growth
1. Rich in Vitamin E
Vitamin E is one of the essential nutrients in hair growth. In addition to protecting damage to the scalp, vitamin E also promotes blood flow and prevents the appearance of gray hair.
2. Balancing PH and Oil Production
The balance of PH and oil content on the scalp are two factors that directly affect hair growth and health. Flaxseed soothes the scalp and balances the oil glands. So that the amount of oil produced is not excessive.
3. Helps In Hair Growth
Flaxseed is high in the content of omega-3 fatty acids that are good for hair growth with care for the follicle and the hair shaft for healthy hair. Omega 3 fatty acids also improve hair elasticity.
4. Maintain Hair Moisture
Flaxseed can moisturize the hair, making it smooth and easy to manage. Flaxseed can also reduce broken, dry and branched hair.
5. Good For Scalp
A healthy scalp needed for hair growth. In routine use, the flax seed can prevent severe loss, itchy scalp, and dandruff.
How to use Flaxseed for Hair Growth
1. Flaxseed Hair Oil For Hair Growth
By using flax seed oil regularly, the minerals in the flaxseed oil will absorb by the scalp and provide the nutrients needed for hair to thrive.
- Take two tablespoons of flaxseed oil.
- A Towel
Preparation & Use
- Heat the flaxseed oil in a bowl, until it’s warm.
- Use oil to massage the scalp for 15 minutes. Continue to use it on the hair.
- Wrap the hair with a warm towel.
- Towels can dip in hot water, or use a hair dryer first on a towel.
- Let the hair wrapped in a hot towel 30 minutes.
- Rinse hair.
- Perform this treatment 2-3 times a week.
2. Flax Seed Hair Gel For Hair Growth
Although it is named gel, this gel will not make hair clot because it made from natural ingredients of choice.
- 1/4 cup of flaxseed
- 2 cups of mineral water
- one tablespoon of lemon juice.
Preparation & Use
- Boil the flax seed in mineral water, wait until the cooking water thickens.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Turn off the fire if the consistency of the stew has formed a gel.
- Let it Cool.
- If it is entirely cold, you can move the gel to the container.
- Use this hair gel every morning.
- The gel can also use as a stimulus for hair growth by applying it to the scalp.
Flaxseed is high in both the soluble and insoluble fiber. Besides using it for treatment, you can also include it in the daily menu.
Image Source: 1