Everybody wishes for a perfect hourglass figure, especially women which are somehow hard to keep. There are some tested and proven exercises that could help women stay in shape and build a well-structured body. These exercises for a perfect body shape are,
Exercises For Perfect Body Shape
1. Single leg deadlift:
This exercise tones and lifts the gluteal muscles and activates the entire core.
- Perform it using a pair of dumbbells and stand on the left foot, lift the right foot behind and bend the knee so that right lower leg hits parallel to the floor.
- Bend the hips forward and lower the body as far as possible, think of using the gluteal muscles to push the hip forward rather than lifting from the back.
2. Side Plank:
This exercise helps to shrink the waistline and tone the muscles and this works at the abdominal muscles.
- Lie on the left side with knees kept straight, prop the upper body over the left elbow and forearm.
- Raise the hips for the body to frame a straight line with the ankle and shoulders.
- Hold on for a minute and repeat on the other side.
3. Push up:
Push up are meant for the entire body and helps to burn a significant amount of calories and tightens the chest muscles as well.
- Get on all fours and rest the body on the floor with the hands,
- keep the feet close together.
- Lower the body for the chest to touch the floor and push back to the starting position.
- Ensure to have the hips lifted and core braced during the workout.
4. The second position plies:
This is actually a ballet move that helps tighten the inner thighs and tones the gluteal muscles.
- Stand with feet kept wider than the shoulder and toes turned out slightly.
- Lower the body down by bending the knees and thighs are kept parallel to the floor.
- Move the arms overhead and shoulders down and back, pause for a while and push back to the starting position.
High-intensity interval training is the best way to burn a large number of calories in a limited time span. Exercises such as walking, jogging or using the treadmill are best to get in shape faster compared with other slow endurance exercises.
6. Triceps extension:
This helps to tone the shoulders and the triceps muscles of the arms.
- Be in the lunge position with the back of the heel facing the ground.
- Lean over the front knee as arm gets lifted straight up to the side.
- Use slight weights facing the ceiling.
- Lift the weight about an inch for at least 30 times at each side.
7. Step ups:
This works on the hamstrings and gluteal muscles and helps one get strong and lean legs.
- Stand on a bench or step at the front, place the left foot firmly on the step and press the right foot firmly and push the body up until the left leg is straight.
- Lower the body until the right one touches the floor.
- Repeat as many times as possible but are sure to keep the chest up and core engaged throughout.
These not just help to stay in shape but would also leave women healthy and pain-free all through the year.
- Lie on the back with knees bent and feet kept firmly on the floor.
- Raise the hips so that body forms a straight line with the keeps and shoulder.
- Pause in this position for few seconds and lower back to the starting position.