Losing belly is a significant challenge for most women as it is likely to accumulate fat in the abdomen region. Even worse for those with a genetic predisposition to gain pounds located in the area. But if you have dedication, it is possible to lose belly. And for those looking to intensify training, it’s essential to focus on the best exercises to lose belly.
Exercises To Lose Belly
Check out some of the practical exercises to lose belly to achieve the desired six-pack:
1. Front Planks
- Lie on your stomach and rest your elbows and forearm on the floor, aligned with your shoulders.
- Support your toes on the floor in line with your elbows.
- Keep your body erect and contract your abdomen, stay in this position for 30 seconds.
- Return to the starting position.
- Do five sets.
2. Leg And Trunk
- Lie on your belly.
- Lift your trunk and legs straight until you are seated on the butt.
- Contract your abdomen and keep your back straight and your hands at knee level.
- Stay in this position for about 10 seconds.
- Do three sets out of 10 repetitions.
3. Bike On The Floor
- Lie on your back and place your hands behind your head.
- In this position, lift your legs at a 90-degree angle.
- Bring your knees toward your chest, turning your right elbow toward your left knee and vice versa.
- While one leg is moving toward your chest, let the other extended.
4. Cross Abdominals
- Lie on your stomach.
- Bend one leg and cross the other, placing the ankle over the opposite knee.
- Put your arms back and raise the trunk.
- Make a rotation movement by pointing the elbow to the opposite knee and return to the starting position.
- Do four sets with 15 repetitions, alternating sides.
5. Reverse Abdominal
- Lie on your back, keep your knees semi-flexed, contract your abdomen.
- In this position, raise your hips.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- As you raise your hips, position your feet as if they would touch the ceiling.
- Do three sets of 30 repetitions.
6. Lateral Oblique Abdominal
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and positioned to one side.
- The movement consists of a spinal flexion towards them.
- Do three sets of 15 and then repeat with your knees facing the other way.
7. Jump Rope
A simple activity that is an excellent ally in toning the abdomen. The jumps speed up the heart rate and contribute not only to weight loss but also to strengthening and toning the muscles. Try to start by jumping for a minute or two, and slowly evolve.
High-intensity interval workouts or HIIT are excellent allies in fat loss. They are quick workouts with maximum effort. This way, the metabolism gets so fast that it can burn calories for up to 48 hours after activity.
One way to practice HIIT is on the treadmill. You can shoot at full speed as fast as you can for 30 seconds, then rest for another 30 seconds. Do this until you complete 10 minutes, and you can speed up fat burning.
Diet Tips To Lose Belly
It’s no use doing your best at the gym without rethinking food to lose belly. Consuming sweets, fried foods, processed foods, and flour will certainly hurt your bottom line. Prefer sources of good fats, such as those in avocado or olive oil.
Other foods that help to ease the loss of extra pounds are watermelon, zucchini, apricot, eggplant, beet, garlic, watercress, onion, cauliflower, papaya, lemon, pepper, pineapple, and broccoli.
Before doing any exercise, have the guidance of a fitness coach and consult your doctor for the necessary exams. Also, maintain a healthy diet, favoring natural products that help to boost training results.