Dumbbell exercises help to accelerate muscle definition, help to burn calories and also allow you to train and tone your entire body. If you thought that dumbbell exercises only served to muscle the arms, you would change your mind after reading this.
Do you know that training three times a week with dumbbells accelerates muscle definition and burn calories?
We tend to have the wrong idea that dumbbells only serve to train the arms and that just the upper body will reinforce with the dumbbell exercises.
However, they are an excellent tool to intensify the general training of all muscle groups and increase performance. Adding dumbbell exercises to our exercise routine can enhance the burning of calories and, therefore, accelerate the fat loss. But always in a safe way.
Also, if we keep the abdomen activated during the entire training, we will be on the way to getting a flat stomach in less time. Among your most useful table of exercises, advise you the following dumbbell exercises that we show you in this gallery to work our muscles completely.
It is worth remembering that, with each training, you must devote 10 minutes to warm-up exercises to avoid injuries and raise heart rate towards the central part of the training. It is essential that you should not skip this step to prepare your body before the exercises that you will perform later.
To complete the training with dumbbells, we do not forget exercises like the iron (for about 15 seconds) to strengthen the abdomen further and end the session. Of course, when you finish, do not forget the stretches to avoid muscle contraction, reduce fatigue and prepare the body for next training session.
If your thing is to train at home, you can also carry out this training in the tranquility of your room. From the Crossfit abdominals to yoga are an excellent option to train without leaving home. You can even learn and practice all kinds of exercises in virtual training channels where your trainers will test all your physical qualities to achieve your best performance.
- Hold the dumbbell in one hand, and put the opposite, with the elbow flexed, in the waist.
- Do two sets of 10 squats keeping the chest high and the look in front.
The goal of the dumbbell is to cause greater instability and, therefore, the abdomen has to be much more activated to maintain balance. To increase the intensity, you can execute the squats with two dumbbells.
2. Lounge or Stride
- Hold a dumbbell in one hand.
- Start the exercise with the legs open the width of the shoulders and move one leg backward until forming a 90º angle with the knee.
- Perform two sets of ten repetitions with each leg.
Control breathing and release the air when climbing to facilitate exercise. As with the squats, if you want to increase the intensity, even more, you can take the two dumbbells.
As upper train work, we will train biceps and triceps.
- With a dumbbell in each hand, stretch the arms leaving the palm towards the front, with the shoulders well behind, the legs in slight flexion and the abdomen well activated.
- Bend the elbows looking to bring the dumbbells to the shoulders.
- Do three sets of 8 repetitions each.
4. Triceps Kick
- Placed in the initial position with the knees semi-bent and the elbows bent backward, leaving the dumbbells close to the abdomen.
- From here extend the elbows backward, towards the back.
- You must pay attention to keep the trunk inclined, the abdomen strong and the look down.
- Do three sets of 8 repetitions each.
5. Squat + Push Press
With this exercise, you will work shoulders and legs.
- From an initial position with the elbows flexed leaving the dumbbells at shoulder height, make a squat and, when climbing, extend the arms upwards.
- Do two sets of 10 repetitions of a continuous movement, without stopping.
6. Squat + Push Press II
We push well from the heel when going up. Beware of carrying the shoulders up as injuries can occur, we only raise the arms.
7. Lounge + Side Elevation
- Combine the stride with a lateral elevation of the arms.
- Each time bend one knee back, open the arms in a cross.
- Repeat it in 2 sets of 10 repetitions with each leg.
8. Lounge + Side Elevation II
It is important that, when performing the repetitions, do not lose the posture of the back. Remember to inspire when lowering and expelling the air while you raise your arms so that it costs you less effort to do the exercise.
9. Isometric Squats
To finish this training session we will do isometric squats.
- Maintain the squat position in a static way for 30 seconds.
- At the same time, raise and lower both arms above the head.
- If you are already tired and it takes a lot of effort, you can leave the weights and raise our arms.
- But always keep your legs at 90º to the ground.
10. Boxing Blows
- Put the dumbbells on the chest and hit forward as you were boxing.
- You can do it faster or slower, but always turning the waist and with the abdomen activated.
- You hold for 30 seconds.
Tips To Do Dumbbell Exercises
Before performing any dumbbell exercise, it is essential to choose a weight and size that suits the needs of your body and your physical condition. It is a recommend that you start with 1kg dumbbells to avoid injuries and that you increase your weight as you train.
- Never lose your posture.
- Train 3 times a week.
- Before starting the exercises: warm up.
- After performing the exercises: stretch.