People with anxiety disorders may develop a binge eating or even bulimia and anorexia. This is because of no proper treatment offered to that person. People who promote binge eating overeat and at all times even without being hungry. They have an uncontrollable desire to eat. It means people who develop this type of disorder cannot control the amount of what they eat.
Here are some tips for you to manage anxiety and decrease appetite. The 5 ways are:
1. The most effective ways to control anxiety is to practice regular physical exercises.
2. Very anxious people need to find a way to reduce stress from day to day. There are several ways to reduce daily stress such as acupuncture, yoga, meditation, massage, walking. Which one is right for you?
3. We must control our breathing. We can do this by inhaling through the nose with our mouth shut. And when we exhale, we must steady the belly and the chest – expanding the abdomen.
4. If you are anxious for an extended period, avoid thinking about negative things. Try to figure of happy, and positive thoughts try to see the right side of things because everything in this life has two sides.
5. Eat foods rich in tryptophan an amino acid precursor to serotonin. Food such as bananas and chocolate are rich in this amino acid. Remember to consume this in moderation to avoid being overweight.
10 tips to decrease appetite and anxiety
Are you very anxious, overeating and need to lose those unwanted pounds? Here are some tips from experts:
1. Avoid Triggers
If you feel like eating what you eat, change what you eat. Who knows, you will not lose your appetite.
2. Beware of temptation
If you felt like eating a box of chocolate while devouring one by one..you felt lousy, guilty and dissatisfied. Throw away those you have not yet tasted. It will do you right as it will make you feel capable of overcoming your wants.
Drink two glasses of water and eat nuts. It will lessen your desire to eat by changing the chemistry of your body.
4. Drink coffee in moderation
Caffeine, when ingested in appropriate doses, decreases appetite.
5. Control yourself
If stress is the big villain of your day to day, learn to control yourself. Take a deep breath, count to ten, think of good things, laugh at yourself and see the right side of life.
6. If possible, take a 15-minute nap
The urge to eat often appears when we get tired. So say goodbye to fatigue and take a 15-minute nap in the middle of the day.
7. Refresh with mint
Brush your teeth and use mouthwash after brushing your teeth. Leaving them clean and your mouth feeling cool, you will avoid eating.
8. Distract yourself
Figure out a way to get focus and get distracted if hungry. Listen to music, read a book, watch a TV show, get out of the house … do anything to focus on what you feel like eating.
9. Please your wishes within the limits
Now and then it’s okay to eat that super sandwich. But, do not stock up on what you want to eat. If possible, go somewhere, please your will and that’s it!
10. Plan or Avoid
Change your routine. Avoid going where you like to eat or go “eat with your eyes.”
If you are getting too anxious, avoid making the most of your stress.
And, if you feel like eating, remember that will and hunger are different things. You need to control yourself to decrease your appetite and not get those unwanted pounds.
But if you do not deal with yourself, you should see a doctor.