Painful burning sensations in the throat are common with acid reflux. Not only is food regurgitated to the esophagus, but sometimes it spills out into the mouth.
If you suffer from reflux, then most of the time you make handmade antacids or over-the-counter medications. The use of bromelain, an enzyme found in pineapple, is a wonderful natural method for treating reflux symptoms, helps in the digestion of proteins and to enjoy a delicious and healthy snack or dessert.
Take a small glass of pineapple juice to relieve yourself. This is a wonderful natural method for treating reflux symptoms.
Buy a pineapple that is firm but not hard and with skin that is golden yellow or brown to ensure absolute freshness. It should feel heavy due to the amount of juice inside.
Prepare the pineapple juice in one of the several ways.
- To eat like fruit, remove the leaves and cut the top of the pineapple.
- Remove the skin and remove small brown spots, which called the eyes.
- Cut the pineapple and eat it around the core – but do not eat the fruit core.
The pineapple is wonderful to reduce inflammation and scarring.
Pineapple juice is a refreshing drink.For This pineapple juice recipe electric extractors are recommended for juicing pineapples, and they should include the skin to maximize the amount of digestive enzymes found in the flesh.
Eat a piece of pineapple after a meal to help aid in digestion especially or to calm a case of reflux. Or take a small glass of pineapple juice for relief.
Tips & Warnings
- Store any remaining pineapple in its own juice in the refrigerator. It will maintain for several days, although the active enzymes will decrease over time.
- Pineapple juice in bottle or can has no active enzymes and can aggravate reflux due to the presence of acids in the juice. Bromelain supplements are available in health food stores if you are unable to tolerate pineapple.
- The suggestions given here are for educational purposes and are not intended to replace medical advice.