Do you know that coconut oil is one of the best remedies for oily hair? That’s right, this oil, so valued in the world of beauty and aesthetics, can also help you to reduce the excess of sebum that causes your hair to look oily, caked and with a dirty look. Also, coconut oil is a product that manages to control fat but at the same time moisturizes and nourishes the hair fibers in depth, avoiding dryness and other problems, such as split ends or frizz. If you want to show off healthy hair full of life again, pay attention to this article in which we explain the benefits of coconut oil for oily hair and how to use it step by step.
Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Oily Hair
Is coconut oil good for oily hair? The truth is that this oil has properties that can help to control the excess fat in the hair and reduce the activity of sebaceous glands. It will be essential to use it in the adequate dose and carrying out the treatments that we show in the following sections.
First, let’s see the benefits of coconut oil for oily hair and how can this natural product improve the health and beauty of your hair:
1. Due to its high content of vitamins E and K, proteins and lauric and capric acids, coconut oil, unlike other oils, can penetrate deeply into the hair fibers and repair them from the inside.
2. It has potent antifungal, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties that help to reduce the excess of sebum suffered by the oily hair and to eliminate dandruff naturally. It reduces the symptoms of this condition, such as irritation, itching, and peeling.
3. Also, coconut oil can control excess fat without causing dryness in the hair, as it acts as an excellent natural conditioner that hydrates and nourishes the hair fibers in depth while strengthening the roots.
4. The combination that it offers us of proteins, fatty acids, and antioxidant components makes it one of the best existing products to stimulate hair growth, repair damaged fibers, and prevent excessive hair loss.
5. In addition to all the above, other benefits of coconut oil for hair are that it fights frizz, adds shine, protects hair from external damage, and facilitates combing.
How To Use Coconut Oil For Oily Hair
Before you start using coconut oil for oily hair, it is essential that you acquire the right oil. It is best to buy organic coconut oil, and as pure as possible, you can find it in health food stores or herbalists. The treatment that you must carry out is simple and consists of the following steps:
1. Coconut Oil For Oily Hair
The coconut oil will be in the solid state, so to apply it, you will first have to heat it a little in the microwave.
How To Use:
- Place 1 or 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a bowl and heat it for a few seconds to turn it into liquid. The amount of oil to use will depend on the length and density of your hair.
- Then, apply the coconut oil on hair. It is best to start at the tips, continue through the media, and finally reach the area of the scalp.
- Make a small circular massage so that the product penetrates better in the hair follicles.
- To enhance its effects, cover your hair with a towel or a plastic cap. Let it act about 20 or 30 minutes, approximately.
- After that time, remove with plenty of warm water and wash your hair as usual.
- It is essential that you use specific shampoos and conditioners for oily hair.
- This way, you will make your hair look cleaner and looser.
2. Lemon And Coconut Oil For Oily Hair
We advise you to combine coconut oil with the astringent and antibacterial properties of the lemon to get another excellent remedy to reduce fat and fight dandruff. The lemon also refreshes the hair a lot and gives it a clean look for a longer time. Take note of how to do this homemade hair treatment:
How To Use:
- Squeeze half of 1 lemon and reserve about three tablespoons of its natural juice.
- Mix the lemon juice with one tablespoon of organic coconut oil in a bowl.
- Remember that you must preheat the oil a little so that it becomes liquid.
- Apply the mixture throughout the hair distributing it well for all the strands.
- Leave on for about 30 minutes, approximately.
- After that time, rinse the hair and wash it as usual.
Do the treatment once a week, and you will notice significant results in a short time, your hair will look healthier, beautiful, and hydrated. It is not advisable that you carry out this treatment more days a week since excessive use of it could accentuate the problem of excess fat in the hair.
Other Home Remedies For Oily Hair
In addition to coconut oil, you can try other natural remedies for oily hair to decrease the excess of sebum and get hair that does not look oily. Write down the following treatments and do not hesitate to check how they work for you:
- After washing the hair, rinse with alcohol-free beer to fight fat, strengthen it, and give it shine.
- Add two dried leaves of horsetail in 1 cup of boiling water and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Strain the liquid.
- Apply it to the damp hair.
- After applying rinse with the shampoo, you usually use.
Mint And Rosemary:
- Boil a handful of mint leaves and rosemary leaves in water and use the liquid in this preparation to rinse the hair after washing.
- Make a mask by mixing four tablespoons of white clay with the juice of 1/2 lemon and a little water.
- When you have obtained a homogeneous paste without lumps, apply it on the scalp and the hair.
- Leave on for 20 minutes before clarifying.
Essential Tips To Avoid Oily Hair
Do not use a large amount of coconut oil, since then you could grease the hair even more.
Start by using a small amount and, depending on how you see your hair reacting to the treatment, increase it a little or not.
This treatment is ideal to combat excess fat in the hair and at the same time, moisturize and nourish the means and tips. So it can be an excellent option for those who have mixed hair, with greasy roots and dry ends.