Who has not used chamomile to elaborate a digestive infusion? The truth is that it is one of the best known digestive plants, but do you know it’s incredible benefits for the skin? Here you’ll discover benefits of chamomile for skin.
Chamomile is an ideal plant for the skin. It provides incredible benefits and properties in natural skin care.
How to apply chamomile on the skin
There are various options to use it to enjoy the properties of Chamomile. The simplest is as follows:
- Two tablespoons of dried chamomile flowers
- One cup of water
- napkin or cloth
Preparation & Apply:
- Boil cup of water in a saucepan.
- When it begins to boil add 2 tablespoons of dried chamomile flowers and let it boil 5 minutes.
- Let stand for 3 minutes.
- Cool in the refrigerator.
- Then soak a napkin or cloth in cold infusion and apply over the skin.
- 15 drops of chamomile essential oil
- 90 ml. Of almond oil
- 50 gr. Of cocoa butter
Preparation & Apply:
- Place the cocoa butter in a saucepan and melt it over low heat.
- Remove from the heat and add the almond oil and mix well.
- Add the chamomile essential oil and mix it again.
- Pour it in a jar with tight closing.
The benefits of chamomile on the skin
1. Helps to treat acne
Chamomile is an excellent natural option in the treatment of acne. Thanks to its qualities when cleaning the skin and its action as anti-allergenic.
2. Helps to relieve skin inflammations
Chamomile helps to relieve inflammation of the skin, redness, irritation. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory and calming qualities. Chamomile contains anodyne, an active ingredient that helps to relieve pain.
3. Helps to reduce facial capillaries
It exerts an exciting vasoconstricting action. It means that it helps in reducing the facial capillaries.
4. Helps to calm skin irritation
In the case of skin irritation, chamomile is an excellent natural option. Because it stimulates skin healing by acting as an excellent anti-inflammatory, not only when applied externally but when consumed internally in the form of extract or infusion.
5. Relieves sunburn
Chamomile is an excellent natural option to treat and relieve sunburn. In fact, it provides almost immediate relief and faster healing. Thanks to its refreshing qualities and its antiseptic effect capable of destroying bacteria.
Other benefits of chamomile for beauty
- Ideal for hair: Chamomile can balance the scalp, hence a common ingredient in the manufacture of many shampoos. It also helps to strengthen and revitalize the hair.
- Reduces leg spiders: it is a natural relief to reduce the presence of capillary spills that appear on the legs.