The celery is a vegetable that has a mild flavor, low in calories and high in fiber, which makes it ideal for diets. However, its juice has unique nutritional elements. Here, we list out the best celery juice benefits that you should know.
Celery juice contains luteolin and apigenin, two powerful antioxidants, as well as coumarins, phthalic, vitamin C, calcium, and iron. Although many people do not take it seriously as a vegetable, drinking it can have a good impact on overall health.
Celery is very rich in oxalates, so we should not abuse its intake in large quantities, especially if we suffer from inflammation or other conditions in the bladder.
Celery Juice Benefits
Therefore, here, we mention the celery juice benefits for health.
1. Detoxify The Body
Celery has high water content, and some of its active ingredients also have diuretic functions. It means that drinking this juice can eliminate toxins from the body and increase urine, which results in eliminating toxins, fats, and salts from the body more quickly.
2. It Helps To Lose Weight
Celery has satiating properties that decrease the desire to eat. On the other hand, it activates and improves the functioning of the metabolism. In addition to being low in fat and calories, this vegetable is ideal for weight loss.
3. Increase Immunity
The vitamin C content in the celery juice can stimulate the immune system to create new white blood cells. And combine with apigenin, luteolin, and polyacetylenes to strengthen your body’s ability to defend against bacteria.
4. Improves Heart Health
It contains antioxidants which strengthen arterial walls and accelerate repair within the cardiovascular system, which can reduce stress on the heart and decrease the risk of heart attack or stroke.
5. Treat Hypertension
Therapeutic diet experts recommend celery salt as a substitute for sea salt for hypertensive people. It is obtained from the ground seeds and gives the salad and other dishes a pleasant flavor, which does not make the presence of salt long.
6. Prevents Cancer
Luteolin and apigenin are two antioxidant compounds that present in high concentrations, which have directly related to the anticancer effects. These can help to find and neutralize free radicals, as well as reducing tumors and slowing cancer in different parts of the body.
7. Anti-Inflammatory Agent
By containing luteolin, whose anti-inflammatory properties soothe tissues and muscles throughout the body caused by arthritis, gout, headaches, hemorrhoids, or stomach upset.
8. Improves Circulation
With a moderate amount of iron, celery juice stimulates the circulatory system and increases the production of red blood cells. It will improve oxygenation and the supply of resources to different parts of the body, increasing overall metabolic speed and organ function.
9. Regulates Sleep
There is a remarkable amount of magnesium in celery juice. So it will have a sedative effect, which will not only reduce blood pressure and heart rate but also calm the body, helping you relax naturally and causing worry-free sleep.
10. Protects Skin
With vitamin K, A, and C, celery juice can help you treat skin conditions, including psoriasis, eczema, acne, and rosacea. It can also provide antioxidants to the skin, which will help you to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, aging spots, and imperfections.
How To Prepare Celery Juice
1. Celery And Pineapple Juice
- One slice of pineapple
- Two celery stalks
- Two carrots
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 apple
- 200 ml of water
- Wash all ingredients except pineapple and peel the apple, carrots, and cucumber.
- Chop all the ingredients and put them to a smoothie blender, along with the water.
- Beat until all ingredients are well integrated.
- You can add ice if you like it cold and also some sweetener if you like it sweeter.
2. Celery And Apple Juice
- Four celery stalks
- 80 g baby spinach
- ½ apple
- The juice of a lemon
- Two tablespoons Stevia
- 300 ml of water
- First, clean all the vegetables thoroughly.
- Peel the apple and squeeze the lemon juice.
- Cut the celery stalks, add to the blender together with the rest of the ingredients.
- Crush until all the ingredients are crumbled.
- Pass the result through a filter.
3. Celery, Lemon And Parsley Juice
- Five celery stalks
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1½ liter of water
- Wash and disinfect all ingredients.
- Place all ingredients and water in the juice extractor.
- Process for one minute until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Serve and consume on an empty stomach immediately.
4. Celery, Cucumber, And Apple Juice
- One apple
- half cucumber
- One sprig of celery
- One teaspoon of cinnamon
- One cup of water
- Wash the cucumber, celery, and apple thoroughly.
- Cut all vegetables into small pieces.
- Blend them in the blender.
- Strain and add water and cinnamon.
Contradictions Of Celery Juice
- Its high oxalate content can cause kidney problems, and it is not advisable to overdo it when there is inflammation of the kidney and bladder.
- Its consumption is not advised in pregnancy as it can cause abortions.
- Its excessive consumption can cause stomach upset.
- Some people may also experience allergic reactions in the form of stinging on the palate, tongue, and lips, Rhinoconjunctivitis, or cough.