Salads are the ideal complement to any dish. Light and healthy, they offer countless possibilities. Just enough creativity and hands to work. This carrot, lettuce, and orange is an excellent way to start.
Carrots, Lettuce, and Orange Salad
- 1/2 kilograms of carrots
- 300 grams of lettuce
- Two Oranges
- One purple onion
- One lemon
- 15 milliliters of honey
- 80 grams of nuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- A pinch of black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Wash the lettuce thoroughly and place it in a bowl with water and vinegar.
- Let stand for a few minutes, throw out the water and rinse.
- Drain well and dry with absorbent paper.
- Cut it into thin strips and take it to the salad bowl.
- Peel the onion, remove the first layer and cut it into julienne.
- Add it to the salad bowl together with the lettuce.
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots and add it along with the other vegetables.
- Peel the oranges with a knife, remove the white part, separate the segments, cut them in half and carefully extract all the seeds.
- Incorporate them into the bowl.
- For the dressing, mix the lemon juice, honey, olive oil, a pinch of black pepper and salt.
- Next, toss the walnuts and the dressing in the salad bowl.
- Combine carefully and serve.
Image Source: 1