Strawberries are known for their diuretic, anti-inflammatory, and depurative properties. Moreover, thanks to their flavonoids, they help us to fight oxidative stress and cognitive deterioration.
From a nutritional point of view, strawberries stand out for their high concentration of antioxidants which, added to their vitamins and minerals, bring exciting benefits to the body.
9 Best Benefit Of Strawberries
1. Very low in calories, they are recommended to lose weight healthily because they help to control the hunger and support the metabolic functions. Also, their active compounds help to regulate blood sugar levels and inhibit the damage caused by free radicals.
2. Strawberries contain an antioxidant known as anthocyanins. This substance decreases the level of tissue inflammation while regulating cholesterol and triglyceride levels. It helps to reduce hypertension and may decrease the likelihood of having myocardial infarction and stroke.
3. Thanks to their high water content, around 92%, strawberries are one of the most moisturizing foods for the body. It is recommended to consume them in case of strong heat because they not only cool the body but also help to stop the loss of liquids. Strawberries are excellent for athletes and sportswomen because they contain essential minerals that promote the balance of body electrolytes.
4. Strawberries contain substances such as vitamin B1, also known as the “Good mood” nutrient, which helps to fight irritability and sadness. This substance is assimilated by the nervous system and increases, de facto, the production of the hormones of well-being.
5. Thanks to their nutritional composition and their high water content, these fruits are one of the best allies of care and health of your skin. Regular consumption promotes the elimination of toxins that accelerate the aging process while reducing imbalances in skin pH. The strawberry can also use “externally,” in the form of masks or creams, to exfoliate, whiten and improve the skin texture.
6. Strawberries contain significant amounts of fiber which, when mixed with water, help to improve bowel movement and facilitate the expulsion of stool. These components lubricate the waste and facilitate their passage through the digestive tract. In turn, they help to control intestinal inflammation and other symptoms derived from a slow digestive process.
7. Strawberries and other berries help to reduce the level of inflammation by providing vitamin C, essential minerals, and antioxidants. These nutrients gives depurative, diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties that promote the elimination of waste for optimal cell work. It has excellent benefits for relieving muscle and joint pain, as well as being an excellent supplement for the treatment of arthritis.
8. The strawberry contains high levels of pigments such as lutein and zeaxanthin, two carotenes that help to protect vision health. These antioxidants, added to vitamin C, create a filter against the sun’s UV rays and toxins. Thus, they decrease the likelihood of developing cataracts or macular degeneration. Vitamin C is a nutrient that maintains the health of the cornea and retina and reduces the damage caused by aging.
9. The flavonoids contained in these berries are excellent allies to optimize brain function because they inhibit oxidative stress. These substances associated with reduced risk of cognitive impairment in older adults and, as such, may be critical elements in the prevention of neurodegenerative disorders.
Without a doubt, the strawberry is a very healthy food that can help you to ensure the well being of your body. The ideal is to consume this raw fruit, fresh and ripe, to make the most of its properties.
Image Source: 1